Best Friends

( This just kind of hit me)
( this will be long)
I live in a very small town that is only one square mile. We have our own school district which consists of an elementary school and a middle school. My graduating class is of about 40 students. I have known most of these people since kindergarten. Now my class is like one big family because we have known each other for so long and have hashed out all of the petty drama. Next year I won't be with some of these people I have known since we were 5 years old. It just hit me that if you live in a small town the very first class of people you are with you are going to go through everything with. I have so many memories with people. I don't know what I would do if I went to a bigger school or moved. I would have been totally lost without them.

All of these people I have known for forever, yeah they are all my friends, but they are not my best friends.

One of my best friends I have known since I was born. We are exactly one month apart and I am a month older. We act sisters we would lie and say we were. Our mom's were best friends too but then for a couple of years they weren't. Now I see that girl all the time and it's like we were never apart. It's not awkward or like we have nothing to talk about. She has been with me through out everything have I have been through.

Another best friend I have known since I was 4. She lives 2 houses away which always seems too far. We met the summer before kindergarten when she was moving into her house. She would come over my house all the time and we would eat mashed potatoes and corn. She would cry when she had to leave. We were in the same class up until 3rd grade. Then we were back together in 4th. I am pretty sure I have put her through so much between hanging out with the wrong person or ignoring her. But she has put up with everything. I don't want to think about what my life would be if I didn't meet her almost 11 years ago.

This best friend drives me crazy. We met in 4th grade. Now I have been through a lot with best friends but never as much as with her. Let's just say for reasons unsaid we hated each other. Talked about each other. Screamed at eachother. Then it was done. We slowly became friends again. Now I talk to her everyday. I am basically her mother. But she brings out the wild side in me. So much somehow we have never burnt down the house. We are like complete opposites. But she's always there to add in too much sugar to my life.

The point I am getting at here is best friends are going to come and go in your life. They are going to teach you lessons. Maybe they always are not going to be right by your side but in the end they are there. I am privileged to have grown up I such a small town were everybody knows everybody. And to have such I great class to start with and end with.

I just kind of realized how much I have gone through with my kind of other family.

If you don't have a best friend I will be yours. I can't imagine my life without mine. Everybody deserves that person you talk with until 2am, sleep outside on a deck with freezing through the night, the person you can act like your back yard is in a blizzard and you have to survive, who you can bake with, boil soup with, cry with, and live your life with.

So probably none of my best friends are going to read this because I probably can't show them without flooding the house with my tears. These people are so important to me. I hope yours are too. Sorry if you don't like things like this, but it's what I thought about. I am a sappy person at heart. Let me know what you guys want to see. If you want more heart felt like this or more topics in present day.

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, SHARE

BE ACTIVE NOT A GHOST.