Chapter Twelve

Mistletoe Mayhem.

-Yuna's P.o.v-

I posed yet again, posing for photo shoots always seemed to be humiliating for me.
"Alright...we need you to pose a couple more times, then you're free to go."
Relief washed over me as the photographer said that, it was like pure bliss to my ears, the only reason I was particularly happy was the fact that I was going to be able to take the silly Christmas styled lolita dress off; believe me it was hell wearing it for hours on end especially because it was way too itchy to handle. Between a photo, I don't know what possessed me to do so, but I looked over to Soshi only to see something I clearly didn't expect.
"That shocked expression is perfect!"
The photographer went wild taking pictures after pictures, we actually finished sooner than expected, after which I bounced over to Soshi who was amazingly getting along with Ruki.
"Ruki-kun! What're you doing here?"
Obvious annoyance dripped from my words, Ruki just seemed to give me a smirk as he detected the annoyance, before he had the chance to answer the question, I dragged him away and into the dressing room.
"So why are you here?"
I was able to use my normal tone of voice for once, Ruki just stood there hands behind his back with a smug-ish face,
"Am I not aloud to pick you up after work?"
I just gave a growl not wanting to argue any further because if I were to then I would forever be stuck in the itchy dress. Entering the changing room I quickly asked Ruki,
"So tell me Takanori, are you going to drag me to Ai's?
Ruki had taken forever to answer and when he did it was a very guilty long 'No', with an angry sigh I walked back out only for my heart to stop and my face fell into shock, Ruki was standing there with a bouquet of pink roses.
"Happy Birthday?"
Was all he said to me, I really don't know what shocked me more, that Ruki was standing there with a bouquet of my favourite flower or the fact that Ruki actually remembered it was nearly my birthday. Taking gentle hold of the bouquet; I couldn't help but smile at them while admiring them, they were so beautiful.
"Thank you, Takanori...They're beautiful."
I was in quite a daze at this point because of the roses.
After which Ruki took me to Ai's after that but for once I didn't mind walking to Ai's with Ruki, we walked down the steps leading to Ai's bar and upon entering the place it was so dark, suddenly the lights flicked on,
"Surprise! Happy Birthday Yuna!"
Was shouted by Ai and the other members of the GazettE, angry, happy and shocked all at the same time, the reason for anger was because I told Ai a matter of days before no surprises or parties but I guess no one could change Ai's mind when she has it set for something.
"Ai just do it!"
I growled at her, everyone had been drinking except her and because of that she was too sh*t scared to get Uruha under the mistletoe.
"It's not that easy, Yuna!"
Ai hissed back to me, luckily the guys were too distracted by their game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to hear mine and Ai's conversation, I still don't get how they reached that point in boredom.
"Yes it is!"
I almost yelled at her before downing another shot of vodka,
"If it's so easy, you do it to Ruki then!"
I smirked, I wasn't the type of person to back down from a challenge if one if proposed, grabbing the vodka bottle and double shot glass I poured myself one and Ai was completely shocked by my smirk.
"Sweetie, after this!"
And so I downed it and stumbled over to the guys managing to stay on both feet while not interrupting the 'intense' game between Kai and Reita, in the end Reita won.
"Hey Takanoriiiii..."
He looked over to me with a strange look, which I guessing was caused by the way I said his name. "Come 'ere' Was all I said motioning him to follow, when we got over to where the mistletoe hung, I was at that point hoping that Ruki was too drunk to remember what was going to happen.
"So what do you want?"
Was all he asked snapping me away from my panicking thoughts, I pulled him down by his collar and placed his lips on mine. It lasted only for a moment but when I pulled away Ruki's cheeks were covered with soft pink blush, all the guys were whistling and such at us. I turned to Ai who's jaw was on the floor,
"HA! You owe me Ai!"
After which Ai's head fell down in shame.
After a couple more hours, Uruha was wasted and the other's were okay-ish,
"Guys thank you for the wonderful birthday party! You guys rock!"
I hollered while leaving to them in which they returned the cheer, when I reached the top of the steps, someone shouted after me.
"Wait up!"
When looking down to where the voice came from, only to see the one person who didn't talk to me since out lips met, I felt a little worried that he wasn't going to talk to me for a while.
"Want me to walk you home? Because I can't let the almost birthday girl walk home alone..."
I gave a small smile and nodded before walking away with an emotionless mask while Ruki caught up with me.
We had been walking in silence, well...awkward silence anyway. I decided to confront him about what happened earlier that night sine I didn't tell him that it was Ai's fault I did it,
"Hey, Takanori...about earlier, that was Ai's fault I did it...it was because she couldn't work up the nerve to do it to Uruha, I said it was easy then she said for me to prove it...which I did...sorry..."
He didn't answer for a few seconds then just made what seemed an 'okay' sound or something, I had settled for that answer though something still seemed to be bothering Ruki, finally what seemed ages later we got outside my apartment building.
"Well thank you Takanori for tonight...I really had fun."
I said while slightly hugging the bouquet I received from Ruki, he gave a smile to me and hesitated with his 'Good-bye' but before he left he left me with something unexpected, a kiss on the cheek. After which he walked off like he was on fire or something; for a moment I stood there dumbfounded and my instant reaction was a hand to where Ruki kissed my cheek.
As I walked into my apartment with a smile which quickly faded, placing the bouquet of roses in a vase I placed it down by my music box. Then it hit me,
"It's almost time...Isn't it, Mitsuharu-kun?"
I remembered that soon it was to be the anniversary of that unbearable night.

Next Chapter: Learning Yuna's Past...