ℜ𝔈𝔇

Red, that was all she could see everywhere, red socks, hats, decorations, carols everywhere, she was just infuriated.

Uhh, what is with people and red, I mean, it's just a stupid color, to bright and ugly.

To tell the truth she used to adore red, and loved christmas, but what she wanted was to celebrate it, not with her servants, and knowing that her friends were her friends for her family's money she wanted to spend it with her parents.

She wanted to decorate trees with them, hug them, but that's just wishful thinking. All her parents wanted was their benefit, she doubted wanted her, much less loved her.

Her only use to them was their reputation. She was a showpiece for them. An ugly unwanted one.

She soo wanted to be like her little brother, good at everything unlike her. How he always had their attention, how they hugged him and were so happy for him.

She studied hard to make them proud but they ignored her always, after scoring the highest in class, all she used to get was, "ok, you passed, who cares" from her mum and nothing from her dad. They used to verbally abuse her and hit her a lot.

All Erica wanted right now, was to stop seeing all that red, all the happy families, but no, everyone had to be so joyous, she was bitter when she was walking home.

"Oww, hey watch where you are going you filth", she spat at the poor boy who had bumped into her.

The boy looked at her with big hopeful eyes, he told her,"I am so sorry, I can't walk properly because of an illness and my mommy can't get me medicine, she isn't here, and I really missed her, so I went to look for her".

"Oh" Erica said, she further questioned,"your mommy is working on christmas?"

The little boy said with a sad look in his eyes,"she always works".

"Hey, what's your name?" she asked him.

"I'm Ronny" he said with a toothless grin, "who are you?"

"I am Erica, come on, do you want some candy?" she asked him.

"Candy!!" he said with a dreamy face which suddenly turned into a depressed one, "but mommy said that we can't afford it".

"Don't worry" she told him, "come on, I'll pay for it, which one do you like?" she asked taking him to the candy shop.

"That red one" he exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Red one huh?" she said with an annoyed look.

"Wait, is that a problem?" Ronny said, feeling guilty.

She looked at him, and said "Oh Ronny of course not, I just don't get everyone's obsession with red, but no problem, come one, let's get you some red candy".

She got some red candy for him, then Ronny said tilting his head in confusion, "Wait aren't you going to have one?"

"Oh no, you eat it" she told him.

"Then he said, how about we share it?" with big puppy dog eyes that Erica couldn't resist.

"Why not?" she told him.

After finishing the candy, she dropped him off where she found his mother returning.

"Mommy, mommy, this is Erica, she's nice, she got me candy" he told his mom.

Ronny's mom told Erica,"Oh you didn't have to do that, I am afraid I can't pay you back"

"There's no need for that, I have to get going!" she told them.

"Have a merry Christmas" she said while running home.

◣At home◢

In the hallway her mum stood there, tapping her feet.

"Where were you, and why are you soo late?" she questioned her.

Erica who had never been a good liar replied I got held up. But since her mother still wasn't convinced and she had forgotten to bring the ornaments, she was grounded for doing what she did.

Erica was furious it wasn't fair, so what the kid was poor, how could she have said no to him, those big blue hopeful eyes, it wasn't fair to him, and here her parents were wasting money.

When she was about to fall asleep, she saw Ronny and his mother out of her window, Ronny was still eating that candy and his mother had a happy look on her tired face.

Erica slept the most peacefully she had ever slept, she had made a change, a small one, but still made a change. A christmas miracle, a happy christmas for her.

"Huh, maybe red isn't that bad, it is a pretty color. I finally get why people like it" she thought to herself.

Hey guys, this was on a random christmas prompt I know christmas was ages ago, but I just thought on adding this to the book so I don't loose this.
Have a good morning/afternoon/evening/night!

Love,
Aanya