CH. 18: Back To Em

Dear Lord it's been forever... I'm grounded a lot guys sorry:( BUT HEY. I auditioned for these things my school calls One Acts and I made it into two shows yay! Anyway! I'm sorry I've taken so long guys:( I still love you kittens and I haven't stopped obsessing about getting back on here and writing since I got grounded like five years ago. Hopefully this chapter meets your expectations... I'm kind of dead. Enjoy, hon.

I couldn't move. I couldn't feel anything. I was deaf and blind and cold. I sensed there was light touching my eyes and sound enveloping me. I tried moving my hands, my toes, anything but it was all in vain. I was dying. Or Crowley still had full posession of my body and was just blocking my consciousness out.

I considered the latter to be the worst scenario.

The darkness gave me some time to think. A lot of time to think, actually. I mostly thought about my mom. It seemed like ages since I'd seen her. It had, in a way. She died three months earlier when I had first met Sam and Dean. The last time I saw her was a good memory; happy. We had gone to see a movie and we went out to dinner. She and I had laughed our asses off about the waiter, who was in his mid-20s and kind of attractive, leaving his phone number on the tab for my mom.

She was so beautiful. Tall and elegant always, with constantly tanned skin that glowed and chocolate-brown eyes. Her hair was a natural silky, dark auburn color that she always wore in a bun, except for special occaisions. That was the way I liked it; down and wavy, the way she wore it the night I'd disappeared.

The thought of her made me want to cry, but not being my physical self, I couldn't. My brain went off on some tangent about demons that somehow brought me back around to the thought of Sam. His sparkling hazel eyes, his dimples, his upturned nose. I vowed that if I ever saw him again I would tell him how I felt.

Suddenly I felt like I was being sucked through a vacuum tube and bright white light stung my eyes and I heard screaming. It took me a moment to realize it was my own screams echoing around me. I wasn't just screaming though, I was convulsing and twisting in ways that were inhuman.

Sam and Dean were yelling frantically, while Cas and Bobby stood aside looking grim. Using every ounce of strength I had in my mind I forced Crowley out for just a moment, locking eyes with my father, reaching out to him with my mind.

Cas, please. Help me. I'm dying. Help.

His eyes widened almost unnoticeably. Emerson, I can't. It's impossible, as much as I am compelled to, I cannot help you.

Yes, you can. Dean told me about how Crowley possessed Sam and forced the angel Gadreel out of him. You can do that, can't you?

His eyes shone with sadness now. That may cause more harm than good, Emerson. You may never recover.

Key word there: may. If it's been done before, then it can be done again. Even if it does turn me into a paraplegic. I don't care, Dad, just don't let me die. I can't die. And anyway, I'm half angel. I could make a full recovery by healing myself.

Or you could waste all of your energy and die anyway. You are at great risk of death either way.

I'm at great risk any way we do this. I don't want to die, Cas, I can't. I'm not done yet. It's not over. Not until I say so.

"Sam," Cas got his attention. Sam looked up from me to the angel, his hazel eyes alight with the flames of determination. "I think there's something I can do."

Dean looked at him knowingly and his expression clouded. "It's too dangerous, Cas, she could die."

"She wants to try," the angel's words startled everyone in the room. My body jerked again and I let out another animalistic scream. I wanted more than anything to say something, anything, but I was on fire and Crowley still had ahold of my actions.

"She?" Sam moved closer to me, his face inches from mine and his broad hand laying gently across my cheek. "She's in there still?"

My eyes squeezed shut and my head jerked from his touch, like Crowley was trying to shake me off. Little did he know, I was going nowhere. I pulled his consciousness back, like a cat by it's scruff, and my body relaxed. I clenched my own jaw and opened my own eyes.

"Do it, Cas," my voice was hoarse through gritted teeth, and all eyes were wide and on me. "Now, Dad, NOW."

"Em," Sam breathed, and I found his eyes with my own.

"I don't have much time, Sam," my voice grew more and more faint.

"I'm right here, Em," he took my hand. His eyes pleaded with my own. "Don't you leave me, don't you dare."

"I'll be right back," a slight smile stirred on my lips. "I just gotta step out for a minute, grab some... Some mental stability."

Aaaaaaalrighty that should do it for this chapter... You are an amazing person for putting up with my creative shit. Yay! Okie dokie, update soonish maybe possibly idk. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou x997642916491868679122533
-Cameo