Forty Five

D r a c o

She came outside of the room with her face down walking slowly towards me. Her hair was messy, and her clothes a little crumpled. She was holding her left arm and with my heart heavy I walked near her.

"Em", I whispered to her, "Are you okay?".

She looked at me, her face made my stomach upset. She was exhausted with her eyes red, like she was crying for days and the color faded away from her face. Her lips were chapped and bleeding, I could realize that she was biting them the whole time.

"Please, say something" I asked and she put her hands on mine shaking. She opened her mouth but closed it immediately.

"I need the bathroom" she said with all her strength, but it sounded like a whisper.

"Yes, yes of course" I said and pulled her hand to follow me.

"Here it is" I said standing outside of the bathroom's door and she entered in.

"I feel like I-" she didn't manage to finish her sentence, since she started vomiting.

I went behind her, pulling her hair back and holding them like this until she finishes. My other hand was at her back caressing her softly, hoping it would make her feel better.

After a few minutes she took a deep breath, like she hadn't used her lungs for ages and she flushed the toilet.

"Please don't look at me like this" she said embarrassed and covered her face with her hands.

"You look amazing, however you are" I said taking her hands away revealing her face.

I helped her standing up and she went to the sink to wash her hands. When she was clean, she gasped scared when she saw her reflection on the mirror. Her lips were shaking and her eyes flickered around the room.

"You are okay, Emily. You can't imagine what you have just been through" I said comforting her and she nodded.

"It was bad. Very bad" she whispered crying.

"I know" I sighed and hugged her, putting my hands around her head.

"It hurts, but I don't want to see it" she said after a while and pulled back.

"Whenever you are ready, Em" I said touching her cheek.

"I need a toothbrush, if you don't mind. I forgot mine" she said and I tended to give her one.

"That's new, for guests" I said offering her a white simple one.

"Thank you" she whispered taking it carefully in her hands.

"I will go at my bedroom, okay? When you are ready come to get some rest" I said and she nodded saying, "Thank you", again.

I got outside and at the hallway, I found my mum who was walking nervous.

"Draco, there you are. How is she?" She asked and I made her a signal to stay quiet grabbing her hand and going a little further.

"She just threw up, and she is very tired" I said and she nodded listening carefully.

"Okay, that's good. Remember my words" she hissed and then said, "we will have a meeting tonight. Will she be able to come? In 3 hours" she said and I raised my eyebrows.

"But she needs some rest and I have to be there for her-"

"Okay, okay. All good, you can stay" she said and I nodded. Last thing I wanted to do was leave Emily alone, in a condition like that.

My door room opened after for a while and Emily got inside. I noticed that she attempted to fix her outside appearance, like how was before she came here.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked stepping closer to her taking her hand and leading her to sit on the bed.

"No", she said with no emotion. It was like the old Emily was gone and it was all my fault.

"Can I sleep?" she whispered after a while and I shook my head, zoning in.

"Yes-yes. Uhm but first do you want to change your clothes? To feel more comfortable, I mean" I said rubbing my neck nervous with my hand.

"Yes," she stood up and went near at her suitcase, "I brought my clothes with me".

"I was thinking actually", I stepped in front of her face to face, "Maybe you want to wear something of mine? Jeez forget it's stupid-".

"No, no", she interrupted me, "I would prefer that if you don't mind" she said and I smirked a little.

"Yes of course" I confirmed her and opened my closet. I pulled out a black short and a grey simple t-shirt giving it to her.

"Thanks", she said and her lips corner lifted up a little.

"Can you -?" she said and I laughed awkward.

"Yes, sorry" I said covering my eyes with my hands turning to the other side so she could change.

"Ready" she said after a few moments and I turned back at her. It was obviously that the clothes were mine since they were very loose on her but she was still looking amazing.

"Beautiful" I said and she smiled blushing a little and I was relieved that she started feeling better.

I opened the closet once more and took from the bottom of it a very thick huge blanket. I went next to my bed and I was laying it on the floor.

"What are you doing?" she asked watching my moves.

"Sleep on the bed" I said and went closer to her pushing her gently on the soft mattress.

"No, I will sleep on the floor" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"No way, Em. I won't let you" I said and she frowned.

"No, I insist. I am going to-"

"No" I hissed.

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No?"

"Yes!" I said and she smiled like a champion and I didn't know why.

"You said yes, so I will do it!" she said and rolled on the bed to fall on the floor.

"How old are you, five?" I asked standing above her while she was laying on the floor.

I bend over to the floor and put my hands into her waist lifting her up throwing her on the bed.

"Fine!" she said annoyed.

"I won't sleep then. I will just stare at you for the rest of the night" she said annoyed and I rolled my eyes.

"If I come to sleep with you, will you shut up?" I asked and she raised her eyebrow.

"Maybe" she said looking playfully at me and I sighed before getting under the blanket next to her.

"Come here" I whispered in the dark opening my arms and she laid on my chest, her back against my chest and my hand around her waist.

"Goodnight, Draco" she said with her calm voise and closing her eyes.

"Goodnight" I said and I was trying to do the same thing.