Chapter Sixteen

After the dinner ended the families settled in the living room. Kai could feel Luciana's hard stare but he ignored it. Him and Nicolas were playing Uno with Lee and Bella and he was having fun, he didn't want to think about anything bad especially before what he was about to do.

"You're cheating!" Lee yelled pointing at Nicolas who made him pick up four cards again.

"You just suck." Nic smirked and Kai tried to muffle his laugh.

"I got you babe." Bella said with a grin and then made Nicolas pick up his own four cards.

Lee cheered and kissed his fiancé right in front of them making them groan in disgust while he gave them the middle finger without her seeing.

At the end Kai won, obviously. He had won three matches. Arabella won two, Nic one and Lee had been the one to loose first every time.

After they were done Kai contemplated asking Nicolas to stay the night but looking at his mother he figured he best stay quiet. So instead he asked Nicolas to come with him up to his room for a couple of minutes before leaving.

"Why?" Nic asked curiously but was already getting up form his seat.

"I..I just need to tell you something." Kai mumbled nervously. His heart was beating out of control and his stomach was getting queasy. His anxiety was going high really fast and he didn't know if he was going to be able to go through this without throwing up.

When they entered his room he shut the door behind him and just stood there.

"Kai? Are you okay?" Nicolas asked with a small frown, cupping his cheeks to look at his face properly.

"C-can we sit?" Kai asked, his legs were starting to shake with how nervous he was.

"Of course." Nic immediately nodded and grabbed his arm, leading him to sit on the bed.

When they sat down Nicolas opened his arms for Kai to come into but the small boy meekly shook his head. "Can we stay like this? Or else I won't be able to focus."

Nic nodded but the frown was still resting on his face. "Kai you're scaring me. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah it's fine. I just.. I'm scared." He mumbled looking down at his fiddling hands.

"Why are you scared baby?" Nic murmured confusedly.

"I'm gonna say something and I want you to listen, okay?" Kai asked looking up to face his best friend. "Okay."

"I realized something about myself recently. You're my best friend and I want you to know. I wanted you to be the first person I tell actually but there was something holding me back." He started off and then took a deep breath to continue.

"I'm gay Nicolas." He peered up at Nicolas who was sitting there with a blank face and his heart dropped. He waited for Nicolas to say something but the latter just sat there.

"N-Nic." Kai whispered, his voice breaking and that's when Nicolas finally snapped out of it.

"You're gay." Nicolas repeated and Kia nodded looking away.

Oh god.

This was not what Kai was expecting. Why was he reacting like that?

"Kai."

Should he even confess? What if Nicolas said nothing? What if he leaves? What if-

"Kai!"

"Huh?" Kai looked back to Nicolas who was now facing him on his knees. Nic cupped Kai's face and smiled at him.