Chapter 89: Battle Of Mandalore part 5

Emily, Anna, Madison, Alex, Cayde and their forces continued their attack on the bunker. Their six tanks formed a perimeter around the bunker as stormtroopers flooded out of entrance to defend themselves. They were able to take out some troopers but as they did more troopers came out. Emily was in a trench with others shooting at the troopers in the bunker when Alex jumped in next to her. "Alex how are the others doing?" She asked. "They're doing fine. No major injuries just some scratches. I had Anna, Cayde and Madison to take some people and widen the perimeter around the bunker." Alex explained. "Good. Lets keep up the offensive here. If we try to move in too much, they'll probably have a trap set for us. We'll move in on my go and once we take out the troops out here they'll have no choice but retreat back into bunker with no way out." Emily explained. She looked over at Alex to see him staring at her. "What?" She asked. "Nothing. Just that I've always loved how you take charge in any situation. No wonder that Ezra chose you to lead this op." Alex said making Emily smile under her helmet.

"We've got incoming!" Emily and Alex looked to see speeder bikes coming out of the bunker and splitting up in separate directions. "Watch each others back and stay clear of those speeders! Do not let them get close!" Emily ordered. Some soldiers went under the tanks taking cover behind the legs and started shooting at the speeder bikes. Some got it while the rest continued to circle them. "I'm gonna go check on Anna and Madison. You go find Cayde." Emily said. Alex nodded and they both ran in different directions of the trench.

Emily saw blaster fire go over her head as she ran in the trench in search for Anna and Madison. Soon she got to the other side and saw Anna firing at troopers while Madison attended to some wounded. "Anna! Madison!" Emily shouted towards them. Anna looked over and saw her. "Emily!" Emily got down next to her. "What's the status over here?" Emily asked. "Taking heavy fire. We got some injured from any explosions or blaster that Madison is taking care us." Anna said. "I doing my best for now. But I won't be able to get them out of this trench in the middle of this blaster fire." Madison added. "Just keep them safe and down. We got to find a way for us to push on before this battle is too drawn out." Emily said. As they talked, they saw imperial shuttle hovering behind the bunker dropping  two walkers.

 As they talked, they saw imperial shuttle hovering behind the bunker dropping  two walkers

"Well that complicates things." Anna stated. "It does but when has that ever stop us." Emily said. Emily ordered some of the tanks to fire their cannons at the walker to keep them at bay. While Emily was trying to think of a plan, Alex and Cayde ran to them. "So, any ideas on how we're gonna get in that bunker?" Cayde asked. "Well the only idea I have is that the four of us along with a few soldiers just rush them dead center. We can use the tanks to give us cover fire and we can try to enter without suffering many casualties." Emily explained. "It's a risky idea." Cayde stated. "It's the best idea I could come with. We can't stay out here forever. The others are counting on us to get rid of this bunker so we can move forward with this invasion." Emily said. "Don't worry. It's a good plan. Lets ready the men. Once we're in, we'll take out the imperial weapon inside, take the bunker and meet up with the others." Alex said. "Okay. Madison, you gonna be okay out here taking care of the wounded?" Emily asked. "Don't worry Em, your big sister's got this." Madison said smirking under her helmet.

Once they got some men together, Emily looked at everyone and nodded. Then as some tanks fired at the troopers in front of the bunker, they stormed out of the trench running towards the bunker. There was blaster fire coming at them but not a lot for them to be worried. They ran past some stormtroopers that was put down thanks to the tanks. Soon they made it to the bunker entrance and ran inside.

They all ran inside taking out stormtroopers along the way. Soon they got to the command center and saw some imperial officers there. Once they all tried to go for a blaster they were immediately shot down. "Anna come with me. We need to see what weapon is here." Emily said and they walked past the command center. As they walked to the other room, Emily got a transmission from Ezra. "Emily what's your status?" He asked. "Almost done Boss. We're about to see what weapon they have down here." Emily said as they came to a door. Anna opened the door and they walked in. They looked around but saw nothing. "Guys we have a problem. There's nothing here." Emily said in her comm. "What? What do you mean there's nothing there?" Bo chimed in the comm. "I'm saying that they have nothing down here or whatever they had down here is gone." Emily explained. "They must have moved it somewhere. This complicates things now." Roman said in the comm. "Ezra. What are your orders?" Emily asked. "Once you're done cleaning up there, come to the tower. We'll discus what to do after our fight is over." Ezra said. "Copy that. Over and out." Emily said and ended the call. "So what's the game plan?" Anna asked. "Lets clean up here and meet up with the others at the tower. Since there's nothing here we'll have to report back to the others to discuss what to do now." Emily explained. "Ugh! Why can't things be easy in times like this? A lot of people were injured just to raid an empty bunker." Anna said looking down. Emily put an arm around her shoulder as they started to walk. "Listen Anna, Somethings aren't gonna be easy anymore now that we're doing. But don't worry, we'll always come out on top in theses type of fights. We just have to keep our heads up and do our job." Emily explained. Anna looked up at them. "Yeah. You're right." She said.

Everyone was outside as they did a head count on how many was injured and who was still standing at the time. They finished off the two walkers and the rest of the imperials their. Now all that was left is to head out towards the tower. "Is everyone ready?" Emily asked and everyone said yes or nodded. "Then lets move out." Emily ordered but before they could, multiple rockets was fired and aimed at the first tank. "INCOMING!!!" Some of the rockets hit the tank but not enough to destroy it. "Where did that come from?!" Alex asked. They all looked up and saw a figure in all armor flying in the air.

 They all looked up and saw a figure in all armor flying in the air

"That must have been what the Empire was working on." Cayde said. "Emily what's the play here? Fallback?" Madison asked. "No. We fallback now we'll lead him to the others. We have to take him out here and now." Emily said. "Okay then. Get into contact with Ezra. Tell him we'll be a little late." Alex said. "Ezra come in. We've been engaged. We won't be able to provide support at the moment." Emily said in her comm. "Emily...*static*....was that...*static*... interference...*static*...jamming trans...*static*..." "Ezra? Ezra do you read me? The Empire must be jamming our transmissions." Emily said. "Uh, Emily. We might have more pressing matters at hand." Anna said pointing ahead past the bunker. They all looked to see Imperials coming at them. And a lot of them.

 And a lot of them

"Oh Karabast."