Part 7- Vidar

For two fucking hours I have been waiting. That's how long I've been locked out of her room. Initially I was distracted by Liam and his adorable baby antics but then my mum stole him from me.

I trust her. She knows what she is doing, she'll help the girl. I only hope I find out her name soon, the possibilities are driving me wild- I want to get to know her, there is something special about her, I just know it.

I felt it in my heartbeat, her big grey eyes sparked something inside me. Giving up on the whole pacing idea, I walk down the stairs to sit with my dad.

"How are you doin' son?" My dad asks me as soon as I flop down on the couch. I sigh and throw my face into my hands.

"Not great. I feel all weird." I admit reluctantly.

"How's the girl?"

I shrug miserably. "That's the problem. I don't know."

"Your mum'll see her right son."

I nod once again, I can't get those horrific bruises out of my head, and that tiny bump. My mind is racing with all the hideous possibilities that would lead to her in a situation like this one.

"I know she will pa, it's just... you didn't see her... I did. I can't stop seeing her."

My dad stays silent for a minute, reflecting on my words.

"So tell me then, tell me and then maybe you'll stop seeing it."

I know that no matter what happens I will never forget what was done to her.

"She's been beaten pa, starved, from what I can guess. She is covered in cigarette burns." My dad swallows hard, his eyes burning with a dark vengeance and the promise of pain. Hurting anyone without just cause goes against our code (loosely as most assholes deserve a beating) but a woman... even with a just cause we never hurt a woman.

"And... and she's pregnant" I swallow hard, struggling to get the words out.

My dad chokes on the water he was drinking. His eyes round on me, like he doesn't believe it. Like he can't believe it. Doesn't want to believe it.

"You certain?"

"Yeah pa, I felt the bump, and saw it."

"But the baby is only, what? 9 months?"

Sucking on my teeth I grimace, "I know. Some really bad shit has been going on."

We both stand as we hear the door open, we've been sitting in silence for an hour at least. Both trying to control our rampant rage, not an easy feat for the two great bears of the Viking Warriors. My pa was called Bear around the club too, like me he is tall and powerful in stature.

I slightly trump him in height, but in his prime I certainly wouldn't pick a fight with him. Hell even now I'd loath to try it.

Mum walks into the room, her face is ashen with horror. She stumbles into the open arms of her husband before the sobs rack her shoulders.

"Oh god, Erik, she was just a kid... just a girl." She murmurs into her chest before desperately trying to control the sobs.

Lila's POV

"O-ok."

She's agreed to tell me, even the fact she told me her name so quickly was a great sign. But this, I hope I'm not pushing her too hard too soon.

"You can begin whenever you're ready sweetie. You don't have to say everything right now either. You take your time."

I smile and gently pat the blanket beside her. She's still rocking the baby in her arms, he seems to bring her just as much comfort as she does him.

"I-I was 17 when t-they took me. I was just walking home from sixth form and this van came up real close behind me. I tried to speed up. To get away, I knew something was wrong. I tried. Honest I did!"

She begins to panic, blaming herself for what happened to her. Slowly, I reach my hand out to her, offering comfort if that's what she wants. Astrid's shaking hand grasps mine tightly and I gently stroke her knuckles.

"It's not your fault sweetie, nothing that has happened to you is your fault."

Looking down at Liam's face, she refuses to make eye contact as she continues.

"I-I don't remember them grabbing me, or hitting me. I just came to, tied to a chair and beaten up. My wrists were bound behind me. That was the first time I heard H-His voice. He said I was what he was looking for a-and I'd make him perfect boys..."

I frown, trying to make sense of her words. A drenching douse of frigid realisation is slammed into me as I begin to piece things together.

"I was taken to a room and tied to the bed. I only ever saw him, he bought me food and eventually untied me. I never left. He he would... well... he would..."

She begins to pick at her nails, releasing my hand from her grasp.

"You don't have to say it right now Astrid, I understand what he did to you."

She nods gratefully and continues, her voice shaking with emotion.

"Eventually I got pregnant with Liam. I- I had him on my own, He wouldn't call a doctor. I thought I was going to die, I thought we both were. But we didn't. We lived."

She swallows hard. I get the sense she is hiding aspects of the story, skimming over them. Clearly she's not ready to share everything.

A pregnant silence comes over the room as Astrid decides if she can continue with her story. Liam gurgles contentedly, breaking the quiet.

"We can stop for the day sweetie. If you've had enough of talking about it for now."

She nods with relief and lifts Liam up so she's gazing up at him and he's smiling down at her.

As her hands raise, the blanket falls away and I am reminded of the other baby.

"I'm going to send a doctor to look over you, Liam and the baby today, Astrid."

I am anticipating fear in her eyes when she spins round to look at me, but I am instead met with relief.

"You will?" She questions as her hand holds onto her stomach and Liam.

"Yeah sweetie, of course we will. You need medical attention."

Shifting her face away from me, her hair falls across her face. I'm dismissed. She's done for the day. Smiling, I gently pat the bed beside her as I stand to leave.

"I'll come back later with the doctor ok hun."

She doesn't reply, her quiet sobs fill the room as she rocks Liam and hums a quiet little tune.

Sighing, I shut the door. My mind and legs feel leaden as I stumble down the stairs. Barely making it into my Erik's waiting arms.

"Oh god, Erik. She was just a kid... just a girl."