Extra Chapter: A Day in the Life of Martial

(This is still the same day as in the previous chapters, chapters 2-7; but in Martial's point of view and life)

Martial's POV

' 95... '
' 96.... '
' 97..... '
' 98...... '
' 99....... '

"Oi! Martial! Still not finished?" my older brother loudly shouted behind me. I was doing some push-ups and I fell flat on the ground because it surprised me.

I grunted to him and said, "Are you serious? I was nearly done yet here you are, disturbing me."

He laughed and said, "Nah, you're fine, as if you're gonna hurt yourself with just that. By the way, Papa and I will go already. Don't forget to check on Phili, ok? See ya!". He already left.

"Ok. I'll do that." I said to him as I continued my training in our training field.

I'm also the one in charged of training our soldiers to become better, because we need some military power. They say that my training really improve our soldiers but, well, they kinda hate it because it's so hard... obviously, if they want something, they should work hard for it, right?

All of my efforts and hard works are for the country. I want improvement. I want us to be independent. I don't want us to depend on other countries. Other countries that might betray and colonize us. I will make sure that it will never happen again. I'll protect our country, our home. And I will risk my life to fight until we get the true freedom that to truly deserve.

I sighed and said, "If Papa didn't doubled my training, my training will be already done. I'm so tired and there's still a lot of things I need to do."

As I was resting at my homemade hammock, I suddenly heard someone shouting.

"How annoying." I angrily said. I stood up and went to the place to know what happened.

"Sir Martial." said Manila. He is one of the trusted workers of my father. He also manages one of our cities.

"Yes, what is it? Did something bad happened?" I said as I looked at him, who seems to be worried about something.

"Sir, sorry to disturb you. It just-" he was interrupted by Mindanao. He is the one who manages one of our three main islands, which are Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.

"Sir, I need you to help me within my island." he said to me. I can feel his concern about what his island is experiencing, so I nod to let him know that I agree to help him.

"Maraming salamat po. (Thank you very much.)" he said as he shake my hand.

I just looked at him and said, "I'll go there as soon as I can. I just need to finish my works in here first, and I'll help you."

"Yes sir, I understand. Sorry to disturb you. Please accept this as a small gift of our gratitude." he said as he gave me something. It is a t'nalak, a woven cloth made from abaca fibers. "It is made by the people of South Cotabato, from the T'boli people. We hope that you like it." he added. South Cotabato manages one of the provinces in the island of Mindanao.

I smiled and said, "I appreciate the thought. I'll make sure to help you. If that's all, you can leave."

"Yes sir, thank you very much." he smiled and left.

~timeskip~

It is already noon. I'm on my way home. I checked my phone and still no reply from my sister.

"Still no reply...I wonder what happened?" I sighed as I opened the door of our house.

"I'm home." I greeted my mom who is sitting at the couch in our living room and watching television.

"Martial, your here. How's your day? Are you hungry? Want me to cook some snacks?" she said with a smile.

"Nope not hungry. Just encountered some problems earlier. And I'll go to the Mindanao after I finished my works here. Also, I received a gift from him earlier, it's a cloth, I'll just use it since it looks good." I said to her as I also sit at the couch beside her.

"Sure, just tell your father about that later, ok?" she said.

"Still no reply from Phili?" she asked.
"Nope, still nothing." I said to her as I checked my phone.

"Can you ask them if they're about to go home already? So I can start cooking. Also, what do you guys want for dinner?" she said as she go to the kitchen to prepare.

"Hmmmm...they said that anything will do." "Oh wait...I guess they'll just order some food on their way." I said.

~timeskip~

After a few minutes, I checked my phone again if my sister already replied to our messages...but still nothing.

"Mom, do you think that we should ask Uncle Asean about her already?" I said to my worried mother.

"Let's wait a little longer, Martial." she said.

~timeskip~

I was in the middle of doing my paper works. And then suddenly, I received a message notification. I quickly checked my phone and finally...my sister already replied to us.

"*sigh* She made us really worried and her response will be just this?" I said. "At least she's safe." I added.

(in their chat, Martial and North Korea)

                       ~~North~~

---------- 6:00 pm

Martial:
Hey, where are you? Why are you not replying to me?

North:
Yeah. Yeah. Sorry I just finished my club. What is it?

Martial:
I want to ask some favor.

North:
Sure, whatever you need.

Martial:
Thanks. It's about my sister. Just back read to see it.

North:
Ok got it.

(still in their chat; back read)

---------- 11:30 am

Martial:
Hey North, are you busy? I just want to say something. Can I ask a favor? Thanks in advance.

---------- 11:35 am

Martial:
Btw, it's about my sister. She's going to the same school as yours. Can you take care of her? I'll really appreciate it. Thanks.

---------- 1:30 pm

Martial:
I guess you're busy. Sorry to disturb you. I'll just text you later.

(in their chat; back to the present chat)

--------- 6:02 pm

North:
Yeah sure, no problem. I'll do it.

Martial:
Thanks. I know I can count on you.

North:
Of course. Btw, are you free next Saturday?

Martial:
I guess?? Wait I'll check.

North:
Ok.

Martial:
Yep. Why?

North:
Nothing. Just wondering if you can accompany me. I need to check something back to my country. Can you come? It will be just quick. We can take my private plane.

Martial:
Sure. Saturday it is. What time?

North:
Early in the morning. Around 6 in the morning. Let's just meet at your office. If it's alright?

Martial:
Sure, I got it. See you then.

North:
Yep.