Chapter twenty-three: the cabin part four

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I came out of the bathroom about ten minutes later, and I saw everyone kind of just laying around on the couch.

It's cool to see them all comfy and just relaxing. I missed having everyone together like this.

I cleared my throat and smiled awkwardly. "Hey uh does anyone want to go on a walk with me?" I asked. "Not too far or anything"

Todd snapped his head up at me, with a small gasp. "Can I come?"

This made me really excited truthfully. Todd was such a sweet guy and I haven't had much time to hang out with him in the first place. Maybe this can be our time to bond a bit.

I just needed fresh air and to kind of clear my mind of everything.

"Of course!" I ran into my room and grabbed a scarf, my shoes, and a sweater. It wasn't super cold, but it was just a tiny bit chilly.

I just didn't want to get too cold.

Todd stood up and walked into his room, grabbing a simple hoodie and throwing it on over his outfit. I could tell it was one of Neils.

"Have fun cutie" Neil pecked Todd's lips as he leaned down, making him blush insanely.

I'm so ecstatic that they're happy

Larry, Ash, and Sal all said their usual "see ya's" and their "be safe's" too.

We stepped out of the cabin, him politely letting me go first and we simply started walking.

At first, it was quiet, and the only sound to be heard was our footsteps in the dirt below our shoes.

It was a very comfortable temperature too. Not too cold but there was a nice sunshine that hit us perfectly, making us warmer.

"So, what's up?" He blurted, as we followed the path. "How have you been recently? We haven't had much time to talk!"

I nodded and stuffed my hands in my pocket. "Heh, yeah you're right. I've been pretty good honestly. Not much has happened but... I'm good. What about you?"

Todd thought a moment "I'm doing really well"

"Are you excited to be on a vacation with Neil?" I teased putting an emphasis on his boyfriends name.

He threw his head back and smiled huge. "So so excited. I really do love him"

I elbowed him lightly and looked to him "You guys really are wonderful for each other. I'm happy you found one another"

"Thanks (Y/N)" he kicked a rock in front of him as I breathed in one big gulp of air.

I chewed on my lip trying to figure out how to phrase my next question. "Hey Todd... have you noticed Ash and Larry? Like this entire trip... how weird they're being?"

Todd raised his eyebrow and smirked "you mean because of you and Sal? Well of course, I'm not oblivious."

I sighed in relief and laughed "okay I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it"

"You know," he started "I think you and Sal have something. So I don't blame them for how they're acting"

I stopped in my tracks and swallowed hard "Hm?"

He turned around but shrugged. "I can see the way you light up when Sals around. And like I said I'm not oblivious" he chuckled under his breath as we both started walking again.

I was silent.

"And don't get me started on the way Sal is whenever your in the room. Plus, you're like all he can talk about when you're not even around."

I buried my face in my scarf "R-really?"

"Yes, (Y/N). He hasn't ever said it directly to me, but I can tell he has feelings for you. It's like how I was when I first met Neil. We were so distant but so close at the same time. It took all the courage in me to I finally say something to him but it was incredibly worth it"

I made the most inhuman groan I've ever heard and shut my eyes.

"I'm not saying you have to make a move, I'm just saying don't be afraid to when you're ready."

I nodded gently and opened my eyes back up "I don't know if I'm ready. But I think I do have feelings for him."

He nudged me slightly and leaned into me "see, that's the first step!"

I stuck my tongue out to him, and just as I did, we found the lake.

It was honestly beautiful. It was man made, so it wasn't too big.

The edges of the lake had a bit of sand leading into the water and a dock in was a little further down.

"Wow, that's beautiful" I breathed.

"It really is" Todd agreed. "I can't wait to come here with everyone"

My eyes scanned the reflecting water and I smirked "We still have like two more full days before Lisa picks us up the morning after."

Todd nodded his head to point back down the path "Well, why don't we head back then! Gotta spend time with everyone before we lose it all!"

He was totally right, so we both turned our heels and slowly walked back.

This was truly a nice refresher for me. Besides, Todd is one of the coolest guys I know and hearing all that from him was extremely reassuring.

***

The both of us were laughing about a really lame joke I said as we entered, but we weren't expecting the scene unfolding as we did.

Larry was sprawled out on the floor, a groaning mess while Neil was pinching the bridge of his nose.

It was like a little kid throwing a tantrum in a store, and their parent being disappointed.

Ash and Sal were over in the kitchen, but Sals back was to us.

I couldn't see what was going on, but right when he heard us, he turned around and shoved his hands in his sweatpants pockets.

Ash seemed to give Sal a little look as she poked him on his shoulder, teasing him.

"Larry what the hell are you doing" I squinted at him judgmentally.

"I wanted to doooo something but everyone said we had to waaaaaait til you guys got baaaaaaaack" he dragged out all the words to be extra dramatic "come onnmnn let's dooooo something!"

Todd chuckled, walking to his boyfriend and hugging him tight

"If we end up getting kids somehow, remind me to never let them get like this" Neil joked.

I stepped over Larry's body and walked into the kitchen to grab some water. The walk made me pretty thirsty.

"Hey (Y/N), how was your time outside?" Ash asked, leaning on the counter.

"Really nice actually! We saw the lake, and it was super pretty down there" I poured myself a glass and started chugging it. "It was really nice out too"

"I'll be right back" Sal said suddenly, doing finger guns towards me as he scurried into the bedroom.

I furrowed my eyebrows and followed his movement. Right before he entered the room, he seemed to have pulled out a small sheet. My eyes then traced over the kitchen landed on the table where the pictures laid.

Earlier, there were three different pictures. And now there were only two.

He took one.

What a sweetheart.