☽nine☾

I spot Ron in the hallway by himself. I look at him curiously. "Where's Harry?"

"How should I know?" Ron counters.

I throw my hands up in surrender. "Alright sore subject. Care to tell me why?"

"He didn't even tell me," Ron states.

"Are you mad at Harry because his name was pulled from the goblet?" I question.

"I'm supposed to be his best friend," Ron tells me.

"Ron you are," I assure. "Harry is scared. He didn't ask for any of this to happen, but it did. So you can either be a jealous prat or you can be his best friend and help him through it." I smile. "Now I've got papers to grade. Don't be late for class again."

An owl flies right into the Astronomy tower and drops a letter into my lap. I open the envelope and a single chocolate frog jumps out.

It's been a while, Love. I couldn't risk sending Edward. It was since the world cup and the ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and he's too easily recognized. I hope you're doing well. I know you have a lot going on. As such I thought I would enclose a little something to make you smile.

I chuckle softly.

I hear that you have our boy Moony quite entranced. Everyone of his letters since June has mentioned you.

I roll my eyes.

I think you may have to make the first move. If I know Moony he's probably too afraid to tell you how he really feels. As his best friend I am going to require any reply to my letter be sent from Remus. You will need to see him face to face for this to happen of course.

P.S....

The owl nips my finger. "Ow!"

The bird bites.

"Of bloody course the bird bites. Why wouldn't it?"

I look up from my desk when someone clears their throat.

"That was today?" I ask.

Charlie nods before smiling. I get up from my chair and rush to give him a hug.

"You would forget your bloody head if it wasn't attached," Charlie teases.

I chuckle. "How's Romania? Boring since my last visit?"

"Life is just so dull without you," Charlie teases.

I reach up and touch a fresh burn on his neck. "Those dragons treating you nice?"

Charlie chuckles. "How's that Defense Against the Dark Arts professor treating you?"

"Who?" I question.

"Or should I say former. Ron swears that there was something between you and the professor from last semester. What was his name... Lupin? Unless you're in love with Mad-Eye Moody instead?" I roll my eyes but I can feel myself blush. Charlie laughs. "You're blushing. Come to think of it you mentioned him when I saw you last."

"Remus and I are friends. He was nice company while he was a professor here," I tell him.

"What kind of company?" Charlie taunts.

"We're friends," I state.

"Do you still talk to each other?" Charlie questions.

I nod my head. "We write to each other." Charlie smiles. "Now enough with me I'll go get the others. We can have dinner in my room," I offer.