13

"We were told not to touch anything," I say as I watch the twins for what feels like the hundredth time walking around the room picking up things and looking at them. "Do you always do what you are told West?" Fred asks with a grin. "We must've forgotten that she is a Hufflepuff," George adds. 
     "No, I don't always. But Lupin said they don't know what is dangerous yet," I say with a small sigh. That will be my last argument, I don't want to argue right now. Even if it isn't a real argument. "We aren't afraid of a little danger, right Fred?"  "Right Geroge. In fact, I think it calls to us." I roll my eyes. 
     "Well, if you get bit by something or hurt in some way don't say I didn't try to help," I give them both a smile before making sure Pebbles isn't getting into things. He is slowly creeping around the room, being cautious of everything. 
     "What do you suppose this is Fred?" George asks while holding something up. Fred walks over and takes it from him and looks at it closely. "Well, it looks like a goblet to me George, what does it look like to you?"  "No, I mean the crest. What family is it?" Fred looks at it for a long while. "No idea George," he finally answers. 
     "It is the Black family crest," a familiar voice says from the doorway. We all look over quickly to see Sirius Black standing there. He looks better from the last few times that I saw him, his hair looks clean and brushed and he looks as though he is now eating regularly. The last time was at Hogwarts after Harry came back with the Triwizard Cup and Cedric...
     "Sirius!" I say with a smile. I jump up and go over to him and give him a hug. He hugs back tightly. His hug is warm and inviting. It is the closest thing to a hug from a dad I have had in a long time. My father never liked hugging us, though He did hug Mazy and me more than Von. 
     When we both let go he leads me back to sit down. I reluctantly sit, I have been sitting for hours, I would rather stand now. I don't say anything. Fred and George set down whatever things they may have been holding and come and sit down as well. 
     "The Black family crest? Is this your house?" I ask curiously. Sirius sits in the chair across from me and nods. "Yes. It was my parents, but with me being the only Black left it was passed to me. I offered it to Dumbledore to use as headquarters. Seems to be the only useful thing I can do," he says the last bit with a sigh. 
     "What do you mean?" George asks curiously. "Well, I can't exactly walk about the streets and do what all the others in the order are doing." I look at the floor as Pebbles rubs against my legs before jumping back up onto my lap. I scratch his head. "What did Lupin mean by the house needs to be decontaminated?" I ask after a few minutes of silence. 
     "Well, it has sat desolate and alone for a little over twelve years. And Kreacher hasn't been doing his chores and keeping the house in shape. So it has become home to boggarts, doxies and who knows what else." I decide to wait until a different time to question what a doxie is. 
     "Oh thank heavens you three are alright!" Mrs Weasley says as she quickly walks into the room. She walks over and hugs both Fred and George at the same time without them getting up. "Course we're okay mum," Fred says while lightly hugging back. "Bill was with us and we had the guard following, what could've gone wrong," George says in the same way as Fred. 
      Ron, Hermione, and Ginny walk in next. Followed by Mr Weasley, Bill, and Lupin. "I imagine the others will be in soon," Lupin says before taking a seat next to Sirius. They all find a place to sit down. Ginny, Ron and Hermione all looking around the room, taking in their surroundings. They are told about how the house needs to be cleaned as well. 
     "We have made your rooms clean enough so that it is safe to sleep," Lupin adds as Mrs Weasley opens her mouth to say something. She closes her mouth and slightly nods. I imagine she was going to ask about it. 
     A moment later Moody, Tonks, Hestia, Kingsley, and Emmeline walk in and all find a spot to sit. Even though there are a lot of people sitting around the table there are still a lot of free chairs. How many people are in the order? there must be a good amount. 
     "Kids you should all go upstairs and get ready for bed," Mrs Weasley says while looking around at all her children and Hermione and me. "Why can't we stay here?" Ron asks seemingly slightly upset. "Because you are too young to be hearing about all this," she says quickly. 
     "Molly, I think they should stay for a bit. Just so we can fill them in a bit," Lupin says while looking at her. She opens her mouth to argue but is silenced when someone walks in. "I agree. There are a few things I wish to discuss with them before they are sent to bed." Everyone looks at the doorway to see Dumbledore walking in. 
     He looks the same as he did when we left Hogwarts. He has the same half-moon glasses and same long white hair and beard. He walks to the table and takes a seat at the end. "Oh fine! But not too much, they are too young," Mrs Weasley says in quick defeat. 
     "When is Harry being brought here?" Hermione asks while looking at Dumbledore. "Whenever the time is right," Dumbledore answers shortly. "Until then you will not speak of anything about where you are or about the Order to him." 
     "Why not? Shouldn't he know what's going on?" Ron asks quickly. "He will know when he gets here. Until then it is not safe to tell him."  "How is it safe for him to stay with muggles who abuse him without any protection? He is underage, he can't protect himself," I say quickly. I don't understand why he can't be brought here like I was, or like Hermione. 
     They said I was brought here for my safety. I feel like I was safer at my house than Harry is with our Aunt and Uncle. I can use magic now, Harry can't. "There will be people protecting him. You all must sear that you will not say a word of it to him. The mail isn't safe at the moment."
     Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the twins all look at each other for a few seconds before reluctantly swearing. "Now that that is over you six head off to bed," Mrs Weasley says quickly. "We don't know where the bedrooms are," the twins say at the same time. "You will be shown then."
     "Hold on. What is the Ministry putting in the paper about me? What have I done?" I ask quickly. I am determined to get ana answer this time. "It is late dear, it probably isn't the best time," Mrs Weasley says to me. 
     "They are denying that you are a Potter," Sirius says while looking at me. Mrs Weasley suddenly looks very upset. "She has the right to know," Sirius says quickly. "If we don't tell her then she will find out herself soon," Lupin adds. "Why are they doing that?" I ask suddenly very upset. 
     "They would have to admit they were wrong. That would be quite catastrophic for them," Sirius says in annoyance. I know he doesn't have very good feelings towards the ministry, and he definitely isn't trying to hide it. I don't blame him though. 
     "They would be questioned on why they couldn't find you and looked down upon for giving up as quickly as they did," Dumbledore says calmly. "They were more focused on the killing of muggles and catching death eaters at that time," Moody growls. 
     "So what're they saying? That I am a lier like you and Harry and that I am just trying to cause trouble and get attention?" I ask quickly. My anger slowly growing. "Pretty much, yea," Bill answers with a small nod. "How did they even find out about me finding out?" 
     "When you came out about it at school that spread like fire. When Rita Skeeter got ahold of it she went to town," Tonks says to join the conversation. "Not to mention that scum knew and spoke out about it before the dementors got him," Moody says, referring to Barty Crouch Jr who had impersonated him with polyjuice potion the previous year. 
     "They really have that much free time on their hands to talk about me and accuse me of lying?" I ask with a stiff laugh. "They are looking for anything they can to say that Dumbledore is after Fudge's job,"  Mr Weasley says with a tired expression. "They won't be able to deny it long though. It isn't hard to prove relations," Dumbledore says while trying to give me a bit of reassurance.
     "I mean you can look at her and tell she is James and Lily's daughter. She looks just like them. How you didn't know when you were teaching Remus I will never understand," Sirius says while motioning to me. Lupin lightly nods. "I know. I agree," he says while looking at me. It suddenly feels like everyone is looking at me as more people agree that I look like my parents. 
     "She has Lily's eyes and face," someone says. "But defiantly James hair and eyesight," someone else says. My face burns red from the sudden attention. I wouldn't mind going upstairs now so everyone would stop looking at me. 
     "I think they have heard enough now," Mrs Weasley says sounding irritated that we are still here. "Alright Molly," Sirius says while standing. "I will show them to their rooms." There is a bit of arguing from the twins but after a minute they give up and stand. 
     We all follow Sirius up the stairs. The first room he shows us is the room Hermione, Ginny and I will be staying in. I set Pebbles down inside the room and follow them the rest of the way to see where the others will be. Ron is on the second floor and the twins are on the third. He then shows us where the bathroom is. 
     After that, I tell him goodnight then join Hermione and Ginny in our shared room. They try to assure me that Dumbledore will sort things with me and the Ministry out, I thank them for trying to make me feel better then apologize because I would like to go to sleep. 
     They sit next to each other so they can quietly talk without bothering me. I'm not worried about it getting sorted out, I know it will be. As Dumbledore said, it isn't hard to prove that stuff. It just upsets me that they would go to those lengths to just try to criminalize Dumbledore. For them to deny someone's family. I haven't down anything to the ministry to upset them. I try to clear my head and sleep. Though I find myself tossing and turning for most of the night.