Chapter 16

A/N: "Post more regularly" the lying rat of an author says in chapter 15's AN. "Post more regularly" indeed. And I'm King George. 🙄

I woke up to screaming filling the room. My grandmother was going at it with Odin. Neither seemed to notice I'd woken up. I slid out of the chaise and moved behind it. I looked around for a window, magic likely wouldn't be much good. If Odin was even half as strong as my dad, he was likely to find me. My best chance is to physically hide and mask myself from Heimdall and Odin.

Dad told me there are portals between realms. I need to find one and leave. I nodded to myself and looked around the chaise. They continued arguing, and I slipped behind the wardrobe. I prayed they'd continue fighting each other, and not me. Maybe that way I can get home.

I climbed up into the window and... Was gently pulled down by my grandmother. "Come down from there, darling. It's higher up than you think, sweetling." I pouted. "This is kidnapping, I wanna go home. Now. Send me home, I'll get there no matter how." "This is your home now, you'll not be going back there. Try to escape, and I'll find you." Odin announced proudly. I sneered and marched up to him. "My dad will come for me. Not you or all of your armies will be able to stop him." Grandmother came and placed hands on my shoulders. "Maybe it would be best if I watch her, I wouldn't want anything to happen to her." She said sneering at him.

He growled and stormed out. Grandmother wrapped her arms around me and I felt electricity spark through me. "I'll help you get home, I know how good your father is to you. Your cloak only slipped for a moment, just take me with you. He's been slipping away, and I can't stand it anymore. Take me, so I can protect you." I nodded. "When? Tell me when." I replied. "Now!" I pulled her to the window and looked down. No guards. He's cocky. "Come on." I pulled her down through the window. "Trust me?" She smiled and nodded. We climbed down with what Natasha had told me. I received another hug at the bottom. I flicked my wrist and disguised us both.

Fandral, however, was staring. "Say anything, and I'll sick my dad on you." I threatened, conjuring a dagger. "Fear not, most kind princess. I've no quarrel with you, and I have no wish to start one with your father." He said, offering a small smirk. "Good. I'll not hesitate to disembowel you, should you betray my confidence in your silence. I will know if you lie to me." I said moving into the market crowd away from the palace.

"Should we be moving faster?" My grandmother asked. "1st rule of being on the run is don't run." I replied "Sure?" I nodded. "Trust me, my mum is a spy." She nodded. "And stop worrying you look nervous. It's suspicious." I said lovely. She breathed and relaxed. I smiled with a few other women as soldiers storms through. We slowly began making our way out of town. I felt confident as the rain began to sully our footprints. Grandmother finally seemed to relax as well. "Told you. It's going to be fine. Try not to worry, huh?" She nodded, not bothering to glance over her shoulder. Following my instincts to find a portal, I brushed past a tree and my shoulder phased through. "Tada," I said, waving my hands toward it. She smiled in relief and pulled me through.

"Odin may be powerful, but he is blind in is age and conceit. My primary concern was not being apprehended on the way out." I nodded. "I figured. Do you know what realm this is?" She looked around. "We can rule out Svartalfheim, Jötunheim, Muspelheim, Nidavellir, Helheim and Nifelheim. That leaves Midgard, Alfheim, or Vanaheim." I nodded once again. "And which one of those is the best option?" I asked. "Vanaheim or Midgard. The alfir are rather pacifistic, however your grandfather started quite a quarrel with them. Besides, I'm from Vanaheim." My eyebrows shot up. "I didn't know that." "Lot you don't know about me, little one. Likewise, there's much I don't know about you. We can both learn." She said, offering a smile. "Well, if we can get over the ridge here, we might be able to see something. Looks like we might be up a bit higher." She nodded. I trekked up and covered my eyes when the sun shone. "What do you see?" "Everybody's imperfections. Just kidding I'm still blind. I'll get back to you on that when the sun isn't on full blast." I peeked out and light flooded in, before receding. I screamed in joy and ran back to pull her up the hill. "Oh! Slow down a bit, darling. I'm no spry chicken." We arrived at the top of the hill.  I pointed, before hopping and clapping. "I don't know what that is." She said plaintively. "Yeah, well I do!" I took her and half ran down the hill.

The sensor tripped and a drone came out. "You are currently violating Stark property. Clearance?" "Sassa, lemme in, genius. I wanna see my people." "Clearance accepted." I finished pulling her across the lawn and put my thumbprint in on the scanner. And alarm blare when I came inside. "Unrecognised bio-signature." "FRIDAY SHUT UP, IT'S GRANDMA!" I screamed. The alarm turned off. "Grandma recognised." I chuckled and she joined. I pulled her up to the elevator. "Whatever floor Tony's on," I asked. The elevator moved up and Grandma held on a little tighter. "It's okay. It's not gonna drop." The doors opened and Dad and Tony looked up. "She is requesting asylum from eyepatch number 2." Tony looked up at dad and they both rushed over.

I was lifted and held against my dad's chest. "I missed you. So much." "I missed you too, Astrid." He said, pressing several kisses to my forehead and cheeks. "Okay, I know time works differently here and there. How long's it been here?" "Two and a half weeks," Tony said, taking his attention from talking to Grandma. "Oof, I'm going to have so much makeup work from school. Where's my uncle?" "Searching for you. Wanna call him home?" I nodded and focused on using telepathy as my dad had taught me. I'm home. Come see me. I wiggled out of dad's arms and ran to the bay windows in the hangar.

Lightning erupted throughout the skies. I watched in awe as Uncle shot down like a rocket, electricity sparking around him like a dance. He landed and stormed forward. His armour was much scarier than normal, and he looked like he hadn't slept the entire time I was gone. My hair stood on end from the electricity in the air. The doors opened ahead of him and lightning continued sparking around the room. Fortunately, Stark's grid could handle it... hopefully.

My internal question was answered as we were plunged into darkness. The only light was the returning lightning, which came only in strings and pulses of light. I stepped forward, using my magic to refract the arcing electricity around me. His gait quickened as I got closer and recognition dawned in his lighted eyes. I smirked and ran towards him. He dropped to his knees and held his arms out as I got closer. I ran into him full speed and held him as tightly as I could. The lighting dissipated all at once. It was quickly so dark I couldn't see my uncle's hair right in front of me.

"Welcome home, my beloved niece."

Alyx - proceeds to ruin any kind of sleep schedule you were planning on developing my posting at 11 at night. "Lolz. Oops"

And the picture below is kinda what I was picturing Thor as. Except with MCU Mjolnir/Stormbreaker

 Except with MCU Mjolnir/Stormbreaker