The Library

(Ray's pov)

Our Christmas Break flew by really fast. I wasn't able to see (y/n) or (f/n) the whole time so I just spent my days baking or helping out in the library. And before I knew it, we were all gathered in front of the school, ready to start a new trimester.

"How was your break Ray?" Norman asked. He waved at me.

"It was fine," I answered, "Break was a little boring without you guys, though."

"Well I'm glad we're all back," Emma said, putting her arms over the both of us. Norman laughed as he opened the doors. Here's to a new year.

I felt someone put their arms on my shoulders as I opened my locker. I turned around, and it was Don.

"Hey loverboy," he said. "Christmas Eve was quite an experience, am I right?"

Of course. He was referring to what happened with (y/n). I shook my head and chuckled. "Shut up, Don. Go to homeroom."

He snickered as he walked away. After getting my bookbag, I started walking to the council room. When I opened the doors, I raised my hand in greeting and took in my surroundings.

Emma slightly remodeled the place, and I noticed that she added a mini-fridge and microwave. She also added another table in case we wanted to eat our lunch here. I noticed a small bookcase on the right and a coffee machine as well. I leaned on one of the couches while Norman wrote some stuff at his desk and Emma warmed up her breakfast with the new appliances.

"Hi, Ray!" (f/n) said, waving frantically at me. She was currently reading The Gracefield Chronicles' new article about the Math Club's victory against two other schools. "We missed you!"

I smiled gently. "Glad to be back, (f/n). Do you know where (y/n) is?"

She put on a thoughtful expression. "I think she went to the bathroom, and she should be coming back anytime soon."

(f/n) was right. Literally, a minute later, (y/n) pushed open the doors. I watched as (f/n) walked up and greeted her and they participated in idle conversation. She was wearing my blue scarf as well.

I walked up to her to greet and maybe tease her over what happened last year. I couldn't hear what she was saying with (f/n) but I observed as she did a sideways glance at me.

"Hey, (y/n)-" I started but looked away and walked to Norman. Did she just brush me off?

I dismissed her action and began my day with homeroom.

(y/n) sits in front of me in our first class. "(y/n)," I whispered.

I knew that she felt my finger tap because her shoulders flinched slightly. However, she didn't turn around. Instead, she turned to Anna next to her and had a small chat with her about ice skating before class.

The entire morning, every time I went to talk with her, she would either walk away or start talking to someone else. I was confused about why she was doing this, so I decided to ask her best friend (f/n).

Lunch

(f/n) and I met up during our second break. I gave her a note to meet me after class in the library. We sat across each other at one of the tables and opened our lunch.

"What do you need Ray?" (f/n) asked, getting her food ready. She always portions her soba so she can prepare it before she eats it. She poured her sauce onto her noodles and mixed it all together.

"So (f/n), I'm sure you've noticed this because you're always with her, but, is (y/n) ignoring me?" I asked. She paused from eating her noodles and her hand stood midair holding her set of pink cherry blossom chopsticks.