s i x

🐱 POV 

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." Adrien scoffed aloud, after Alya made a statement about Chat Noir and Ladybug being a couple. He, her, Nino and Marinette were all scattered along Marinette's room, Nino was on the bed. He was on the chaise next to his princess, while Alya was on the gaming chair. "What romantic thing have they.. EVER done?"

The DJ rolled his eyes from afar, and placed his feet on the ladder. "They don't have to do anything romantic to see their undying love for each other." this almost made the secret superhero burst out laughing. Sure, he liked Ladybug, as a friend. He could never fall for her when his heart soared for his princess. But, what if she liked him and that's what made his friends jump to conclusions so fast. "You have to admit, they are cute together, dude."

Yeah, if pigs could fly. And they thankfully can't.

"Admit it Adrien." the blogger sent an amused stare at the stubborn blonde. "They're cute, because they're both superhero's." his blood boiled. That wasn't a good excuse. He and Ladybug were still people who met new people, and had a crush on different people than the person who they save Parisians with. "Wait, I said that wrong." she said finally, releasing the blonde from his rampage inside his brain cells.

"I think it's cute." Marinette admitted, making the other two grin while the secret hero having his jaw drop. "What? It's like those two are made for each other."

Adrien's face went pale. Him and Ladybug were NOT made for each other, not even close. Him and Marinette were made for each other, and nothing could convince him otherwise. "Oh, please." he scoffed, grabbing his friends attentions and leaning back farther. "Chat Noir has probably told Ladybug so many times that they can only be friends, and all they really are now is great friends. And I mean come on, what two best friends date and it goes out well?"

That kept them quiet. Seems like he convinced them, one point for Adrien Agreste.

"I have an idea!" Nino called out suddenly, jumping down from the bed. The others just started to listen to him carefully. "Why don't we play ship or dip? We can write down names of people we know and put in in a bowl, then grab out the names of two people and say if we ship or dip it?" he looked around at the unconvinced people around him. "Oh, come on! Please?"

Alya sighed, then waved her hand off at Marinette. "Oh, fine you big baby. Get a bowl and some paper for us, please?" she nodded then trotted off, leaving two friends to smirk at Adrien.

He felt uneasy from this action.

"What are you looking at?" he risked, although he already knew the answer. They both knew about his crush on Marinette, and they often teased how shy he was around her, and how oblivious she was. "Alright, I get it! Get off my back." he grumbled the last part, crossing his arms making the others let out a hearty laugh.

Marinette came back with a large bowl and many scraps of paper.

Everyone started writing down names that they knew of, including themselves and a few superheros and placed them in the bowl once they were completed with the tab. This took a few minutes, but after that they were finally done.

"I'll go first." Alya said confidently, sticking both hands in the bowl. She swished her hands around for a few seconds, than grabbed two singular tabs from it, she set one on her lap to open the other one. "This one is Juleka." Adrien nearly snickered, this would be entertaining. She grabbed the other one and opened it slowly, she looked like she nearly exploded once she read the name. "Nathaniel."

"EW!" Nino boomed, while the others nodded in agreement quickly. "They are both GAY. This is uncalled for." he sat still for a few seconds then exhaled deeply. "Okay, my turn." he reached his hand in the bowl while his face was turned away. He grabbed two paper tabs. He opened one slowly and nearly laughed out crying. "Chloe." the others snorted. He was hesitant to open the next tab, Adrien could tell, but he did anyway. His eyes completely shot open and scanned it again to make sure he wasn't seeing things. "Queen Bee." 

Everyone just burst out laughing. They were going to talk about this.. all the time.

"I'll go now." Marinette offered, making Adrien grin, he nodded. She reached for the bowl and swiftly grabbed two paper tabs. She stuck out her tongue slightly, yet put it back in after she opened one and automatically looked like bursting out with laughter. "Adrien." he suddenly turned pale, making the others giggle.

Was it wrong to say he was scared?

She opened the other tab and automatically turned pale after reading it. "Nino."

Alya nearly screamed. Adrien, he felt faint. Nino just kept mumbling, "No homo." over and over. Marinette was the only one to giggle this time.

He shook off the feeling and put his hand in the bowl and felt around in the papers. He used three fingers to pick only two up. He set one down before peeling open one of the folded paper. His heart nearly sunk, yet he couldn't let his friends notice it. "Marinette." he kept his voice from cracking, but two of his friends sent worried glanced his way.

He looked up at them.

Alya was twiddling with her thumbs for the second person, obviously worried for him.

Nino has one hand behind his neck, scratching it uneasily.

Marinette was blushing, but also seemed a little worried.

Adrien peeled open the folded paper slowly and read it, a massive weight was taken off his shoulders as he read the name.

"Chat Noir."

🐞 POV 

"Chat Noir."

Marinette felt pathetic. She would always have her heart melt at those two words, yet she couldn't let anybody know that. 

She felt Adrien's watchful eyes look at her with concern. She had obviously turned red and he had noticed. She flashed a smile to tell him she was okay.

She was not okay.

"Somebody is blushing." Adrien said softly, the other two unable to hear him. "Is he your secret crush you were talking about?" she was shocked to hear that he wasn't stuttering, obviously showing that it was a real question he was curious about, but knowing to respect her boundaries. 

She exhaled, then nodded. He looked pleasantly surprised. She wasn't surprised as well, seeing as she was just a civilian to him having a crush on a superhero. He just grinned, which slightly shocked her. No questions? No reasons why?

"I think it's cute." he said louder, so his friends could hear him. They gave him shocked looks, which Marinette didn't understand. He shot a "What?" at them, and they just looked away. He smiled softly at her again, which she just smiled back at. "Am i the only person who realizes that he is at her balcony sometimes?"

Marinette turned completely pale, while her friends jaws dropped to the floor.

She clenched her teeth and smacked him in the arm, making him hiss like a cat. "Adrien!"

He gasped dramatically, bringing his fist to his chest where his heart is located. "So it IS true!"

"Shut up!" she looked at her friends smirking faces, especially Adrien's. "Okay fine! I have a crush on Chat Noir! What do you want from me?" she through her hands in the air.

Her friends laughed, before she joined in and couldn't stop laughing. That's when she noticed her hand was on Adrien's leg the whole time.

Chicken wing chicken wing baloney macaroni chillin out with the hOmIeS-

Yes! I have officially regained my motivation for this, thanks for reading chapter6!

1295 words