Chapter 15- A sister's favour

After several minutes of walking, I finally arrived at my room, followed by a worked-up Fanny. I was dying for a bath and a well-deserved rest. There were some thoughts I needed to sort out, and nothing was better for that than a warm bath.

However, it would have to wait, because waiting inside for me was Jenni. She was seated by the window, looking at the luminous full moon, her face with a sad expression.

Upon our arrival, Jenni got up from the emerald green armchair, fast and with tears forming in her beautiful aquamarine eyes.

"Oh, Lulu! I was so worried Papa would punish you severely!" She rushed to my side and gave me a strong hug, her tears falling on my fluffy dress.

"Everything is fine, Jenni. Father wouldn't punish me much anyway, so don't cry." I pet her blonde hair, hoping her tears would dry soon.

"You were lucky, so don't go around with unknown boys to town. Bad things can happen!" Jenni no longer hugged me. Instead, she gave me a fierce look with those blue eyes, too similar to a Duke I knew...

"Alright, alright... I promise!" I put my hands up as a surrender gesture, which may have looked funny because Jenni chuckled a little.

Finally, the crying was over! For now, at least.

My eyes started to get heavy, a sign my body needed rest. Even with all that tiredness, my mind was working full mode, thinking of the Duke's words. I needed to confirm my suspicions somehow. The problem was how.

Then it hit me. Jenni was friends with the daughter of the Royal Guards Captain. At least, I remembered seeing it mentioned somewhere in the book. If it was true, then I could find something about what happened during my palace escape.

"Jenni, I need a favour!" I started to pout. An effective strategy for softening the hearts of the Mountnero family members. "If I recall correctly, you are friends with Lady Julliete of Saga, right?"

"Yes... though I don't recall ever talking to you about her after you woke up..." Jenni was now sitting again by the window, being served tea by Fanny. Her posture was of a proper lady, though her eyes studied me. She was waiting for me to continue.

"Well... I am sure you did, or I heard from some of the maids." I sat opposite her, repeating her delicate gestures. "But that does not matter right now. The favour I have to ask is that you send her a letter."

"A letter? What for?" She was so surprised by the request that she even stopped drinking her tea and her graceful posture fell off for a second. Only a second.

"Ask about what happened at the palace while I was off with Prince Cedric." I finished, and now it was my time to drink tea. A good decision, as it perked me up right away. Fanny always knew the best teas for the occasion.

Jenni stayed quiet for a while, and uncertainty filled her face. Fearing she would refuse my request, I tried to reassure her pleasingly.

"Father told me to reflect on my mistakes, but it is hard for me to do it if I don't know what really happened." I gave her my most adorable face, hoping she didn't find the excuse too flimsy.

"Not sure Father would be happy with that..." she pondered for a moment, hard lines coming on her forehead.

"It will be ok, sister. It's nothing really bad and he won't punish us for it. But he may prevent me from knowing the truth." I concluded, closing my argument with a pleading face.

"It's for your good, My Lady." Said Fanny, who had been listening to all of our talk from the corner. She stayed close to the cart in case we needed anything from the tea set.

"It may be, but it is always good to reflect on our actions. That is the teachings of our Goddess." Jenni uttered those words in a calm voice, while she left the table in elegant steps. "I will go prepare the letter so we can deliver it first thing in the morning. Before Father gets up." She went to the door, which was opened by a helpful Fanny.

"Thank you, sister. Love you!" I said with a smile on my face.

"I love you too." An awkward silence."Father too." Hearing that made my face grimace instantly, which caused her sad expression to return. For a while, Jenni just looked at me with sorrowful eyes.

"Rest well and may the Goddess protect you from any bad dreams." Said Jenni.

Then she left, leaving me and my thoughts. And a concerned Fanny, who pushed me to prepare for bed.

 And a concerned Fanny, who pushed me to prepare for bed

What did you think of Lulu's request?

Tell me about it!

-//---------------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!