Easy Company

Easy Company

It was someone else behind the shower door that evening.

"I thought you were room service," Addison Montgomery says to her ex-husband, Derek Shepherd, as he appears at her hotel room door.

She turns and lets him in though, as she sits on the edge of the bed with her hair still wet, drying slowly on the white fluffy bathrobe.

Derek sighs as he closes the door, facing her, before he begins speaking "I feel terrible," Derek says, his voice soft and his eyes gentle like a puppy's. "I'm not proud of what I did."

Addison looks at the floor as he continues.

"You deserve better."

The words echo in Addison's ears, and she feels redeemed a little, having waited for so long for him to say those words to her.

"And I'm sorry about that."

She meets his eyes again.

"And I'm sorry about the panties. And the prom."

Addison nearly laughs at this. Of all things that Derek could apologize for, it would definitely be about his ex-mistress' underwear.

Addison takes a long sip of her drink.

"I'm sorry I did that."

Addison lets him continue as she considers her own sins. Should she apologize again? Or has she already had enough of that.

Derek joins her on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah," Addison says quietly.

We tried.

"I'm sorry I did that, too."

She is, and they've both paid for, and learned from it.

"Our marriage is over," Derek says next, and Addison says "yeah, I guess it is," in a more shake voice than she might have liked to.

"It's all my fault," Derek mopes, and Addison does her best not to interrupt him. "God, this is incredibly sad."

Addison nods, as Derek repeats 'incredibly sad,' to himself, and Addison gulps as she hears the door to the washroom open behind them.

"Uh-" a voice stammers, shocked at Addison's unexpected guest.

Derek makes a 'whoa,' gesture as he looks back at Addison, and then at the person coming out of the washroom, also wrapped in a towel, hair also still wet from the shower.

"Hello?" Calls the voice, confused because this hadn't been a part of the plan earlier.

"You have a guest," says Derek, eyebrows raised at exactly who it is who had already apparently been spending time in his ex-wife's hotel room.

"I do," Addison says to him, with a look that spoke gallons of 'and it's absolutely none of your business anymore.'

"And your guest just happens to be-" Derek goes to continue, but they're all interrupted by another person bursting into the room, the door never having been locked when Derek had left himself in minutes earlier.

"Oh. Well, this is awkward," says another voice, as the person walks into the room taking in the sight of the three of them.

"I never invited him?" Addison says, rather confused at the sudden presence of her former lover who is currently standing in her doorstep half-naked, having somehow arrived here all the way from New York.

"I was looking for Derek, actually," Mark shrugs, and Derek facepalms at his lack of subtlety.

"Wait, is this- is this the guy that-" the voice emerging from the washroom calls out to all of them.