Easy Company 2

Author's Note:

Hey there lovelies! Thanks for reading this, and as a heads up, this is a prequel to the last chapter :) Enjoy!.

bobbiejelly

Easy Company 2

It was someone else behind the shower door that evening.

"Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd-" Meredith Grey rushes towards Addison's side as she catches up to her service.

The redhead doctor turns around and sighs a little before she addresses her, "It's Montgomery..."

"What?" Meredith says, still a bit dazed and confused at this hour of the morning.

"Montgomery. My name, the divorce just went through this morning, so just 'Montgomery,' okay?" Addison gives the blonde a small smile as they head towards the patients.

All the while, Meredith's head is spinning. Addison's got a divorce. Addison's divorced Derek. Addison is single.

Oh no.

When that thought hits her mind, Meredith tries desperately to focus on the work in front of them because she cannot do this. She can't think about the way that she likes to stare at Addison's hair, or her pale shoulders, or the way that she looks in those skirts.

"Dr. Grey, present?" Addison Montgomery says to her, and Meredith clears her throat and tries to get it together without being too distracted.

"Okay then," Addison says after, as they head over to their next patient.

Meredith lets out a sigh of relief before she smiles up at Addison, who, in turn, is smiling at her, too.

Eek!

Meredith should potentially feel more conflicted about crushing over the woman whose husband she'd seduced like, three days ago. Actually, she feels absolutely awful and she really wants to figure out why Addison isn't yelling at her or posting more of her underwear up on the bulletin board in public.

"Are you ready, Grey?" Addison asks her, and Meredith blinks twice before she nods and smiles again.

She just can't stop smiling.

"Okay then," says Addison. "Actually, we have a little bit of extra time before the next case. Would you like to get coffee?" Addison offers.

"Yeah," Meredith nearly leaps at her, but you just walks alongside her instead.

On the way to the coffee cart, Addison actually starts talking to Meredith. As if they were friends. And it freaks Meredith out a little.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Meredith eventually blurts out as Addison hands her a latte she's paid for.

"Well, I don't really have any reason not to be anymore," Addison shrugs, as she picks up her mocha.

"You're not holding a grudge at me?" Meredith asks her.

"Not currently," Addison laughs. "The first time you really didn't know. And to be honest, the prime finally settled a reason for him to leave me. Or for me to leave him. Sure, we spent over ten Easter's together, but we weren't happy in the end, and that's hardly good for anyone," Addison shrugs.

"I just can't believe you're this happy after a divorce," Meredith says, rather impressed.

"Well, I'm trying to look on the bright side, as I said this morning. I'm resolving myself not to change my mind about that," says Addison, as she sips her mocha and they sit down on one of the benches outside.