| seventeen |

Chapter.17

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte sat in the back of a black SUV with her phone in her hand. She had woken up earlier that morning, and gotten on an OVO jet at ten in the morning. She watched Netflix for four and a half hours before she touched down in Toronto. With the three hour time difference, it was five in the afternoon by the time Charlotte had made it to Drake's home.

The driver pulled up to the front gate to the home, buzzed in, and said his name. A couple seconds later the large gate doors spread open. Charlotte looked out of her window at the hundred million dollar mansion. "House my ass, this is a palace," Charlotte mumbled to herself.

Outside of the large front doors stood Aubrey. He had a large, black, puffer jacket wrapped around him because of the cold Toronto weather.

When the driver parked in front of the home Aubrey smiled and opened Charlotte's door for her. "GG'," Drake greeted her, his smile spread cheek to cheek.

Charlotte stepped out of the vehicle, and engulfed him into a hug. "I've missed you," He mumbled into the crook of her neck. He lifted his head up and kissed the side of her head. Charlotte thought that because their relationship was currently under a bit of doubt, that Aubrey didn't want to make her uncomfortable by kissing her.

Charlotte reached up and gently grabbed Aubrey's face, and pulled his lips closer to hers.
Aubrey wrapped his arms around Charlotte's waist as their lips moved in perfect unison.
"I thought you were mad at me," He smiled against her lips.

"Aubrey, don't ruin the moment," Their foreheads leaned against each other, and the tip of their noses touched. The two separated, and Aubrey reached into the car to grab Charlotte's suitcase. "I'm gonna warn you about something, before we go in," He told her.

Charlotte pulled her winter jacket tighter around her and asked "What?"

"Adonis is here," Drake told Charlotte. Her jaw almost dropped to the floor. "I know, I should've gave you some type of heads up. But he was staying with me the last couple of days, and his mom is late picking him up."

"That's fine though. Because, I think it's time for you to meet him anyway," Drake told her. The two had been in a 'talking' stage for almost a month, and had been interested in each other for four months, and Charlotte had still never met Adonis.

Char' nodded her head in agreement, "I'm excited. Nervous as hell, but excited."

"It'll be fine," Drake lightly chuckled, "He is shy though. So he's not going to open up right away." Drake warned her.

The two walked into Aubrey's mansion together, and Charlotte's jaw dropped. His house was bottom to top white and black marble, golden chandeliers, and reflective ceilings. "Baby," Charlotte awed to Aubrey, "This is not a house."

"What?" Drake laughed, "You act like you can't live like this." He closed the large black doors behind them.

"No," Charlotte shook her head, "No not really." Char' had a good amount of money in the bank, enough to build the exact same house as Drake. But being able to live after would be a bit more of a struggle.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that. Because, what's mine is yours," Drake gestured to the house around him with his free hand. He placed her luggage down on the marble floor by the grand staircase.