Meals and Deals

Vincent stood over the snack table, face a mess of red and eyes livid with anger. He couldn't catch his breath he was so upset. How dare they!

And yet he knew he couldn't be too mad, as nobody knew he and Lucas were dating. Those girls were bitches, but they never would have talked so openly about liking Lucas if they knew they were speaking to Lucas' boyfriend, still it filled Vincent with a red hot rage.

Vincent was angry with Sarah too, but he also felt bad to her, being so left out from everyone. That was why Sarah and Megs had been able to play truth or dare with the boys; the girls were off together and excluding them. Though Megs seemed to be fairing just fine.

Vincent felt a pair of arms sneak up behind him and wrap around his waist. "Lucas!" He turned around, with Lucas' arms now locked behind his back. "You startled me."

"I know." Lucas said with a cheeky smirk, "You're cute when you're started."

"What if somebody sees?"

"They're too drunk to notice." Lucas waved off the concern. "Hey, are you alright? You look upset."

"I'm fine." Vincent lied.

"Come with me." Lucas said, taking Vincent's hand and leading him towards the bedroom. Once inside he sat Vincent down on the foot of the bed. "Now tell me what's wrong."

"Won't they miss you out there?"

"I made an appearance. Besides, I'd rather spend the night in here with you. So come on, what's bothering you?"

"Nothing."

"Please?"

"Alright fine. It's just Sarah spent the whole night hanging off of you, and I don't even understand why you invite her, and then I was talking to Tom's girlfriend and a bunch of other girls and they said that they would leave their boyfriends for you and-" Vincent rambled and Lucas' face broke out into a prideful smile. "What?"

"You're jealous."

"No I'm not! I just don't want them talking about you like that!"

"You're so jealous!" Lucas grinned.

"Okay fine. Maybe a little. It's just you've got all these gorgeous girls around you and they'd do anything for you.. and I just... I don't understand why you'd pick me." Vincent explained and Lucas' smile grew bigger. "You like that I'm jealous."

"I love it." Lucas placed his hands on Vincent's shoulders and kissed him. "Besides, I can't be angry about you being jealous because I was about to kill Marty when I saw you wearing his sweatshirt, and we weren't even dating yet."

"Lucas. I.. just don't understand."

"What?"

"Why you like me."

"Vincent." Lucas took Vincent's hand in his own. "I invite Sarah to the parties because she's Ryan's sister. I've rejected her a million times, I just don't want to be mean because Ryan and I have to play together. As for the rest of those girls, not a single one holds a candle to you. They're snarky and nasty and.. and you're so kind and so genuine. I love you. That type of girl surrounded me for five years and it just made me love you even more."

It was Vincent's turn to smile, which Lucas wiped off with another kiss.

"I don't want you to be upset." Lucas said between quick little kisses. "I admit... I feel proud that you're jealous, but that's selfish." He kissed again. "So if it makes you feel any better, I'll never talk to another girl for the rest of my life. I promise."