is it a date? (4)

quick a/n

This is my first time changing perspectives in this story. I just wanted you to be able to get more insight on the characters I have developed for George, Karl, sapnap and dream. For the first part it's normal, I'll let you know when I change perspectives!

------

You wake up to your alarm, yawning as you press snooze. You decide you'll be fine without a shower, sleeping in is more important anyways. You role over and let yourself think. Today's the date, your first date in a long time actually. You sort of forgot about everyone else when you fell for Nick. You try to stop thinking of Nick, but can't, ultimately getting out of bed to get dressed. You let yourself sleep until 11:00 so you could just eat at the cafe. You walk over to the mirror, admiring your outfit choice. You're wearing dark jeans and a white shirt with a faux leather jacket. You have sunglasses lightly resting on your hair and a dark chain bracelet on your left hand. It was the bracelet Nick sent you on your birthday a few months back. You pull yourself away from your thoughts of Nick to tie your shoes and head to the kitchen.

"Oooh someone looks good today"

Alex looks at you, gently clapping his hands mocking the "rich person clap". You chuckle and head to grab a glass of water.

"You know, if you want your banana bread I can't look like a complete slob"

He laughs as you down the water, a weird habit you have when you're nervous. You put the glass next to the sink and look down at your fingers. You forgot how scary it was to go on a first date.

"Someone's nervous. Save some water for the rest of us"

You pick up a pear from the fruit bowl and throw it at him. He dodges it but as it falls behind him it knocks his phone off the table. He dramatically gets on his knees fake crying about his phone. He slowly reaches for it, preparing to do the dreaded flip. He looks at you, you tilt your head towards the phone. He looks back at it and flips it over, luckily the screen is completely fine.

"You better watch out nimrod, I'd be tackling you to the ground right now if you didn't have your little date"

As if on command, there's a few soft knocks at the door. You look at Alex, trying to hold in your laugher as you walk towards the door.

"Hey Kyle!"

You look him up and down. He's wearing gray ripped jeans and a black shirt. He has a light purple jacket and some similar purple shoes to match. He has a yellow heart earring on his left ear.

"I really love that jacket"

He smiles.

"Thanks, it's a gift from a friend of mine actually. You might remember them. Lewis"

You smile, you had met Lewis back in highschool as well but only had one class with him. As far as you knew, he was a pretty cool guy.

"Hey Kyle! Take care of the nimrod for me"

Alex walks up behind you patting your shoulder and giving Kyle a partially forced smile.

------

You sit down at the table Kyle chose and set your wallet down beside you. The cafe is cozy, pillows on each seating area and soft hanging lights. The tables are dark wood with metal accents. The menus are made to look like aged paper, the items appear handwritten in ink. You scan the menu, even though you already know exactly what you want.

"So, what do you plan to order?"

Kyle looks at you. You admire his soft hair and round glasses.