Chapter 12- We'll Teach You

Annika's POV:

I woke up feeling cold, and opened my eyes quickly.

My shoulder was feeling much better, and I glanced around at my surroundings.

I was in a glass cage.

Now I was in a tank top, my bloodied shirt changed.

My shoulder was all stitched up, and my other wounds had been treated.

The concrete of the floor was what was cold, and I pulled my knees up, hugging them.

Outside of the glass looked liked a high tech room, although there was no one there.

I sat quietly, waiting. 

Around an hour later, I saw two men walk in, and turned to them.

I recognized both of them, one of them being Tony Stark, and the other being Steve Rodgers.

"How can you change your temperature?" Tony asked, noticing that I was awake.

"What?" I asked, sounding incredibly intelligent.

"You don't show up on our heat signatures, doesn't matter if we turn the heat up or down. Your body matches it." He said, a slightly angry tone to his voice. 

I saw my backpack sitting outside of the glass, and wondered if he had read the file.

If he knew.

"I was part in an experiment. It is possible that the serum made that an option." I answered honestly, and he nodded.

"So you are like me," Steve said, and I nodded.

"What did the Red Room want with Natasha Romanoff?" Tony asked, and I looked back over to him.

"I do not know. She was simply my mission," I replied, and they both looked at each other.

"I am only the soldier. I am not the general sir," I added, trying to keep respect.

Tony nodded, before walking off, and Steve came over to the glass, sitting on a chair on the other side.

"Natasha is alright," he said, and I gave a soft sigh.

"Good," I replied, and he glanced at me, a calculating expression on his face.

"Why did you come back?" He asked, and I took a deep breath, remembering all of the bodies, and the explosion.

Everything I ever knew was gone.

"There was an inside mission, to free the girls. Someone helped Natalia and I get out. I knew if I came here, you would help her," I replied, and he nodded.

"Who are you really?" He asked, and I pointed to the backpack.

"Open it up, and look at the file," I responded, and he did just that, getting a surprised look on his face.

"You are Stark's daughter?" Steve asked, and I shrugged.

"Supposedly," I replied, not knowing if I should believe it or not.

He started to type on his phone, standing up.

"We have some of your blood. We are going to test that."

He left this time, and I sat, simply waiting.

This is what I expected from coming back.

They do not know what my plans are, or if this is another secret mission, so they lock me up in here.

And I cannot say that I blame them.

"Anna?" Asked a quiet voice, and I saw Peter, who snuck out of the shadows.