Meet the Team

When the two entered the building, they were met with a woman. She had short, fiery red hair and piercing green eyes that seemed to be staring into their souls. She wore a brown leather jacket with a red tank top underneath and dark jeans. Percy could see the gun tucked into its holster on her side.

"Perseus and Vivian?" Percy frowned at the use of his full name but decided not to correct the scary woman. He and Vivian nodded and the woman turned around before walking to the elevator. "I'm Agent Romanoff. Welcome to the team."

Vivian saw the elevator doors open and froze. She refused to step foot in elevators after what happened. She looked over and saw that Percy was in a similar state. She cleared her throat and called out to Agent Romanoff, who had already stepped on and pushed a button.

"Is-is there another way up? Can we take the stairs?" Vivian tried not to let her voice tremble at the thought of having to step into the steel box. Romanoff raised her eyebrows at the two teenagers. "Are you afraid of elevators?" She asked, voice laced with slight amusement.

Percy snapped out of his reverie and blinked a couple of times. "Something like that. We'll take the stairs." Vivian nodded in agreement. She'd be willing to walk 50 flights of stairs if it meant she wouldn't have to get on the elevator.

Natasha held the door open before it could close and stared at the demigods. How were two kids who were afraid of elevators going to be an asset to the Avengers? What was Fury thinking? "We're on the 70th floor and frankly, you don't want to keep Fury waiting more than you already have. This is the private elevator, so it'll be fast."

Percy looked at Vivian with hesitation in his eyes. He really didn't want to get on the elevator and neither did Vivian, but to please Fury, they reluctantly stepped on the death trap together. The whole way up, they held hands and Vivian was sure she heard a pop in Percy's hands with how hard she was squeezing it.

Agent Romanoff didn't say a word and faced forward the whole time. She probably thought they were being ridiculous.

After what felt like hours, the doors finally opened and Vivian pulled Percy with her and hurriedly stepped out into the room. There was a wraparound couch in the middle of the room with two futon chairs placed on either side. The wall to ceiling windows showcased the Manhattan skyline.

On the other side, there was a bar with shelves of alcohol neatly placed behind it. Standing there was Fury, a man with glasses and curly black hair with strands of gray in them, and Vivian's uncle, Tony Stark. Percy's mom had showed him a picture of the Avengers last night, and honestly, Tony looked shorter in person.

Fury turned to them and raised his brow. "About time. Vivian, you already know your uncle. Percy, this is Tony Stark and Dr. Bruce Banner. He's the IronMan and Banner is the Hulk. Barton and Rogers are in D.C. at the moment, and Thor is off-world, so you'll meet them later. You've already met Natasha Romanoff." The one eyed man pointed to the woman behind them and she nodded her head in greeting.

Percy shook Bruce's hand and nodded back at Natasha, and Vivian did the same. He didn't get a chance to shake Tony's because the man was staring at his niece in shock. Vivian waved her hand timidly and gave her uncle a shy hello. Tony blinked and turned to Fury in anger.

"You didn't tell me the new recruit was my niece!"

                                    ☀️☀️☀️
"So, you can control sunlight?" Tony asked. He was still upset about Vivian. He didn't want her involved in all of this. If something happened to her.... no. He couldn't think like that. It got depressing when he did.

"Yes. And Percy can control water." Vivian and Percy sat on the couch together while Tony, Natasha, and Fury stood in front of them. Dr. Banner went back to his lab after welcoming them.