Chapter One : The Bully

Hi! I'm Arlo Hendrix. For those of you who don't know me I'm just your regular, average kid. Well except that I'm not. You see, I have Intermittent explosive disorder. And it is a condition where I basically get really mad, really easily. And on top of that I usually hurt people when I do get mad, but I also can make really weird things happen to people.

 There was one time I got mad at a bully who I had been trying to ignore for a week. It was during lunch time after the 4th period. I was sitting with my best friend Amell Birchwood, (I know, weird name) But I was sitting with him as usual and I was eating my favorite lunch, a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. 

I thought to myself well this day couldn't get any better. And then Casen had to ruin it all. (He's the bully BTW) He came from behind me and put his big meaty hand on my head and shoved it into my Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich. That's what set me off. I stood up and shoved him. Casen being 3 times my weight, hadn't even moved a single centimeter.

 "I didn't think you had it in you." he said with a smug look on his face. "Arlo don't!" Amell said now standing up. "He's not worth it-" Amell promptly sat back down and watched intently. He was acting weird that day." Ha! Good choice Birchwood." Casen said. 

" I'll ruffle you up later-" he said. Amell's facial expression didn't change at all. He still sat there, eyes focused intently on me. "Well let's get to it!" Casen said, promptly grabbing my arm and pushing me into a clearing between the halves of the lunch room. Then he shoved me to the ground without a warning. I got back up as quickly as I was shoved down. Casen threw punches and I dodged. Thankfully, this wasn't my first fight. I dodged a few more times. 

"What's the matter? Why don't you hit me all ready?" he then shoved me to the ground and I hit my head on the floor and my vision turned foggy. Then as suddenly as it came my vision cleared. I was angry. And most important of all I was still hungry. I wanted the power to hurt Casen. Badly. He could've given me a concussion. I glared at him, and then I kicked his stomach really hard. 

But Instead of falling over, Casen had been flung to the opposite end of the lunchroom. He hit the ceiling and fell to the floor, unconscious. He still had the look of terror on his face. And I loved it. I relished in every moment of it. Whispers broke throughout the lunch room, everyone staring at me or the amazing sight of the unconscious Casen on the floor. A teacher ran to Casens side and checked his pulse. She gasped and then said "A-Arlo... Wh-What have you done?" the teacher said, her voice quavering. I looked to Amell, my face saying Help me! But Amell just stared at me, his expression the same as it was before.

 (What was his deal?) And then everyone in the lunchroom gasped. I looked down at myself in worry I was bleeding. But instead I found the ground a little further away than it was before. I then looked at my hands and arms. They looked larger and beefier than they had the last time I had looked at them. This time I looked at Amell instinctively, and this time his face showed an alarming amount of concern and worry.

(What the heck? I kill a guy and nothing, then I grow an inch taller and get beefier and then he's worried?) Amell then grabbed my, now larger than his hand, bicep and pulled me out of the lunchroom. "We need to leave. Now." Amell said. One of the teachers then walked down the hallway and stopped when he saw Amell and my new appearance.

 Amell pulled me closer to the teacher. "Ah, Mr.Hall. We need you to take us to the Tutelage Grounds." Amell said firmly. Mr.Hall's face turned serious and he glanced at me and then looked at Amell and said "Are you sure?" "Yes I'm sure. Quick, we need to leave." Amell commanded. Mr.Hall then led us down an empty hallway and out to the parking lot.

 Amell still had a firm grip on my arm and I was still very confused. Mr.Hall took out his car keys and pressed the unlock button. A black car lit up and Mr.Hall stepped into the driver's seat. Both me and Amell sat in the back seats. "Ok first thing is first..." I said. "What the heck is going on?!" I screamed. Amell jumped in his seat out of surprise with the scare I had given him.

 Mr.Hall remained completely calm as if I hadn't screamed at all. "Do not worry Arlo Hendrix. All will be explained in due time." He said putting the car in gear. "Woah, woah, woah, what about my mom? She won't know where I am, and, and, what if we get in an accident on the way to wherever the heck we are going? You can't just kidnap me!" I said slightly panicked.

 "Dude. Calm down. The last thing we need is you causing more problems than you already have. We already have to send in the Memory crew to the entire school." Amell said rather dramatically. Mr.Hall then looked back at me and asked "I must ask you one question Arlo," he hesitated. "Did you enjoy killing that boy?" I could hear the concern in his voice the moment the first word came out of his mouth.

 But I told him the truth anyways. "Yes, I did." I said feeling worried. Mr.Hall then smiled at me, but I could see the fear in his eyes. Then Mr.Hall looked back at Amell and asked "Is he Lower, Average, or Above Average?" I had no idea what that meant or why he was asking Amell, but then Amell said "I think sir, that he is far more than Above Average."

 Mr.Hall looked at me then back at Amell, "I see. We have wasted our time, we need to get you two to the Tutelage Grounds now." Mr.Hall then drove out of the parking lot and left me wanting questions answered.

(1072 words)

Hey guys! This is my first ever original book! Anything in this book is my own original work! Please comment and vote, and THANK YOU FOR READING!!!! Also for any MHA fans out there, I have a Nomu Deku book called broken, and you can find it on my profile. My Hero Academia is on hulu and I REALLY suggest you watch it. It's an anime btw.