TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE:
THE EGG

"Well, this is not good

"Well, this is not good."

The eyeball was a total bust. Meritech was shit.

"Woof!"

"Yeah, I'm hungry too," Klaus petted the dog and they share a look.

Klaus and Cookie Monster were on their way to becoming besties. They were doing telepathy talks now!

"I was pretty good tho right?" Klaus asked after a moment and turned his back on Cookie Monster.

Jason decided telepathy was cool, but have you ever talked like a human? much easier communication. So, with Klaus' back to him, he used the opportunity and became human.

Five who was looking at Klaus didn't even blink, he just opened a portal and took out the Dog Bag out of it, and tossed it to Jason, who quickly started dressing.

Klaus didn't even notice, he was waiting for Five to agree with him being awesome, "Yeah what about my consent, bitch!"

"It was pretty cool!" Jason said and grinned.

Klaus looked at him and then looked around, he did the math (no dog+some boy= the dog is a boy) and oh-ed, "Dam, gotta thank my dealer."

"Klaus it doesn't matter," Five said and moved a little closer to Jason, who had crouched down to tie his shoes.

"What- what, what's the deal with this eye anyway?"

"We took it from a dude in a bar fight!"

"Really?" Klaus sounded excited.

"Yeah, we're trying to track them down and take their other eye-"

"Jason!" Five said making the other member of the 'yay-we-survived-the-apocalypse-now-kill-me' shut his mouth, "There's someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days, they're going to bring the end of life on this earth as we know it."

"Can I get my twenty bucks now?"

"Your twenty bucks?"

"Yeah, my twenty bucks."

"Am I getting twenty bucks?"

Five stared at them, "The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about is getting high?"

"Well, I'm also quite hungry, tummy's a-rumbling -- grrr" he imitated his stomach growling and then grinned at Jason and Five.

Five stared at him with cold, dead eyes, "You're useless."

"Hey!" Jason protested, "He's not completely useless, he just did something in there!"

"You're all useless!"

"Oh come on!" Klaus groaned, "You need to lighten up old man."

Five went and sat down on the stair and Jason and Klaus followed him.