Chapter 174

Gabby's POV

After a couple hours of setting everything up at the new place, I watched as all of our friends and family gathered in the living room while I made them some supper. I called my doctor earlier and he cleared me to start doing simple things around the house. Matt however, was not happy about that but...he shut up when I told him I was going to be making everybody some dinner.

That's when I saw him walk over to me in the kitchen. He looked exhausted but was just happy to be in our new home. Once he walked up to me, he wrapped his arm around me and smiled. "What are you making or is it already in the oven?" I smiled as I wrapped my arm around him too and then looked up at him. "I'm making my famous lasagna from when I was a candidate."

Matt smiled, liking that. "Did you make a small one just for the two of us? That way, we can actually have a quick dinner to make tomorrow? I think we are just going to rest tomorrow." I nodded and smiled before kissing him softly when I heard Severide walk up to us. "Hey guys, where's the beer? I just finished mine." We both looked at him and then sighed.

He spoke up first. "Severide, get Antonio to drive you home okay? You are stoned." He looked at me. "Sure thing, double Matt." We both looked at him concerned. I then looked at Antonio who was there without his kids who left earlier with Laura since they had plans with her parents tonight. Antonio then saw me look at him before getting up and walking over.

"Need some help in the kitchen Gabby?" I shook my head and then looked at Severide. "I'll text you his address but....can you give him a ride home? He is stoned already and I don't want him around us if he's that way. Plus, he is getting loud and I am going to put Matteo down to bed in 30 minutes. So, I would rather he be gone." Antonio nodded and smiled. "Don't start dinner until I am back okay? I want that lasagna." I nodded and smiled as Antonio led Severide away.