Chapter:3

Should I call the police? What would I say?

"There was a man knocking on my door and then he disappeared?” They would think I'm crazy. I got on my bed and started to think more about him. Why did he take such interest in me? This night had been so strange . There was something really wrong happening.

I only got up half an hour prior and I barely have enough time to struggle into my school uniform and have breakfast.  I twisted my hair into plaits, slinged my bag onto my back, and was ready to go, but I knew there was something wrong. I couldn't stop thinking about him? I kept asking myself the same questions.  Was he there for real or I had imagined him? Will he come back? What does he want? My mind was buzzing with wild questions.  I thought I would tell Emma about it, but she would think I had gone crazy or I'm making things up.

After leaving the school, I decided to walk home. It was cold.  I placed my hands inside my jacket pockets. When I reached my house, I quickly stepped inside and rested my back against the closed doors.  I saw myself in the mirror.  I looked  terrible; dark bags under my eyes made me look like a zombie.  I really needed to get my mind off of him and sleep.

Suddenly the lights went out.

“What the hell?” I exclaimed.  Was he here inside my house? Sweat began rolling down my forehead and the back of my neck.  A chill ran down my spine as i started freaking out.

"Alexandria." I froze when I heard that voice.  The same voice I had heard through the door.  How did he know my name? How did he get in?  I tried to swallow but it got stuck in my throat.  I tried looking for him in the dark but found nothing.

I looked back at the mirror again and gasped upon seeing the dark figure there.

"OH MY GOD!" I jumped backwards, covering my mouth with my shaking hand.  

“This cant be happening,” I whispered.  “Its impossible.”  I wanted to scream and run away, but no sound left my lips.

"Who are you?" I stammered, almost unable to speak.  “What do you want from me?” I didn't realise tears were rolling down my cheeks, while my legs shook badly.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled and turned around  to start slamming my fists against the closed doors.  "HELP! I AM IN HERE!" A hand covered my mouth, while a strong arm wrapped around my waist.  I could feel him behind me.

"Stop screaming," he whispered in my ear, his breath freezing cold. I shivered.  I couldn't scream since his hand was tightly covering my mouth.

He pushed me back.  I landed on the door, banging my head hard.  Finally, I let out a scream.  Despair filled my veins.  He was going to kill me.  I couldn't breathe.  This was it.  I was going to die.

I yelled, “who are you? What do you want from me?” The questions just flew out of my mouth before I could stop them.

“No time,” he responded, quietly.

“Are you here to kill me?” I shouted.  He was just standing there, staring at me.  His eyes were wild.  He held an ax in his hand.

I started to shake with fear, my screams drowning in my throat.  I thought this was it.

He raised the ax above his head, his eyes were bulging out of their sockets.

“NO PLEASE!” I screamed

A sharp pain and then I’m down.  Warm blood pooled around me as everything blacked out.

Thanks for reading my book :) 

Please dont forget to comment and vote :) 

Much love,

MahaHafeez.