Risks

Shinsou woke slowly that morning. First, he was aware of warmth, then of the presence of another person, one wrapped up in his arms. When he opened his eyes, it was to blond hair bathed in sunlight.

He remembered letting Kaminari pull him into the bed. He remembered the pain in his voice when he'd asked Shinsou to stay. He remembered holding him until they'd both fallen asleep.

The sun was high up in the sky, but Kaminari was still fast asleep. Shinsou wanted to stay and waste time counting every one of his long eyelashes, but he forced himself to disentangle their limbs and stand.

He wandered into the kitchen and boiled some water to make coffee. The stove timer told him it was nearly noon. While scooping coffee grounds into the french press, Shinsou inhaled deeply. Coffee was his second-favourite scent. He started cooking breakfast while the coffee was brewing.

While he couldn't make anything particularly fancy, Shinsou was a good cook. The summer he'd met Kaminari had been a lonely one and aside from the training camp, he hadn't done anything of note. He spent a good amount of time distracting himself however he could, including cooking. He could, at the very least, make rice and an omelette for Denki.

The sounds of bare feet padding across the floor broke him from his reverie. He looked over his shoulder to see Kaminari yawning with one of his blankets still wrapped around him. He collapsed on the couch and groaned, "Coffee, please. My everything hurts."

"That's what you get for being such an idiot last night."

"Reprimand me after breakfast. I can't handle a disappointed look from you on an empty stomach."

Shinsou laughed lightly, "Fair enough. It's almost ready so come sit at the table."

Kaminari got up and shuffled to the table, but he groaned and complained the entire metre it took to walk there.

Shinsou poured a coffee for both of them, added the obscene amounts of sugar and cream Denki took, and set it down in front of him. Kaminari was looking at the mug reverently. His first sip transformed his face. He had an exaggerated look of ecstasy on his face and it made Shinsou smile.

Once breakfast was cooked, he joined Kaminari at the table with plates for both of them.

Denki stared in awe at his simple breakfast. "Have I reminded you lately that you're my favourite person on the planet?"

"Hmm, you could stand to remind me more often."

"I'll keep that in mind," Kaminari said through a mouthful of rice and egg.

He better enjoy that breakfast because he is getting the lecture of a lifetime after this.

-------

Kaminari's face was like an open book and right now it was spelling out guilt. Shinsou had laid into him about pulling such a dangerous move without having a plan to get home. For someone who grew up surrounded by the two worst communicators in the country, he was weirdly good at getting his feelings across. Therapy really does work, who would've guessed?

"And that brings me to the final point in today's session of me lecturing you; I haven't been so panicked and worried in years. You are not allowed to give yourself alcohol poisoning and die. You're like one-third of the people I love, stupid. Please don't scare me like that ever again." Shinsou never yelled, only explained his feelings calmly, but Kaminari looked so apologetic, he wouldn't have been able to get mad even if he'd wanted to.

"I'm sorry Shinsou, I'm so so sorry."

"It's alright, it's fine. Just promise I won't get a call from a stranger at nearly 4 AM to come get you ever again. I mean, I'll still come get you if I do, but I'll be seriously pissed if I have to. I'm not sure if my heart can take the stress. Just tell me in advance if you want to get really fucked up. I'll happily be your DD for the night."