9

"Sweety, I won't be mad. When is the last time you ate?"

"I don't remember, awhile I guess." he mumbled,

Everyone stared at him in shock,

"I-I-" his mom studded, she was speechless,

"I'm sorry!" Benji cried, he was gripping his moms hand tighter,

"Benj, I'm not mad. Promise." she hugged him tiredly but tightly,

"Are you sure?"

"I swear, I'm just worried."

Brit joined the hug with a big smile,

"It's ok big brother, please don't cry!"

"Aww, Brit!" Benji grabbed his sister in a tight hug. A doctor walked over,

"Sorry to ruin this family moment but we're gonna need to do more tests on Benjamin."

"For the last time doc, call me Benji please."

"Ok, Benji I'm gonna need you to lay down and your sister not sitting on the bed. Are you afraid of needles?"

Brit jumped off and sat in her mom lap,

"A bit, but I should be ok." he laid down, getting semi comfortable, Nurse Kate walked in with a tray of needles, Benji started to slightly panic. His mom gently sat Brit in a chair next to her and gave her her phone to play on, she scooted up to be right next to the bed. She turned her son's head so it was facing her, she gently rubbed his forehead which was still a bit warm from the fever. She played with his hair, this was calming him.

"Just focus on me sweety." she said in the sweetest voice she could muster, she grabbed her son's sweeting cold hand tightly, he grabbed her to. The nurse whipped down a spot on his arm which shocked Benji because it was cold. She pitched his skin with her hand getting ready to pull blood from his arm. He gripped his mom's hand tighter, he started to get nervous. SHe kissed him on the head and tried her best to soothe him, the truth was he hated needles and he was never good with them.

Nurse Kate counted down from three, two, one. She jabbed his arm with the needle, he winced in pain. His face scrunched up, he whimpered in pain.

"You're ok, you're doing great." Benji had beads of tears in the corner of his eyes, his mom whipped them off of is face,

"Ok, I got the blood, now I need to give you some medication through shots." Benji in pain nodded his head weakly. He hated shots because his dad would give him drugs in the form of a shot, so that's why he's internally panicking.

"Break." Benji mumbled,

"Can he take a break from the shots?" his mom asked,

"Sure I'll give you all the time." Nurse Kate said, she stepped back a bit to give them space,

"You're doing great." his mom gently turned his head to face her again and rubbed his cheek with the back of her hand.

"I-I *muffled cough* don't like this." he looked into his mom's golden brown eyes,

"I know, but you only need two more shots, you can do it. I'm right here." Benji turned his head and slowly nodded his head at the nurse to proceed. She came over to the side of the bed again. He faced his mom ready for the pain,

"There shouldn't be much pain with these, you might just feel drowsy or dizzy after."

"K" Benji whispered,

She whipped his arm in a different spot this time. She got the syringe and prepared it for the shot. Benji's mom was doing her very best to calm her son down. You couldn't see it from just looking at him that he was really nervous, but his mom knew, it was just a mom thing I guess.