Chapter Seven

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

 The Next Day 

I threw my last bag on the bed before plopping it on the ground next to my suitcase that held my clothes from my dresser. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants that I had hidden from my father, lord forbids if he found me in a pair of these. He'd have my head on a plater. Along with the sweatpants, I grabbed a teeshirt and undergarments.

I walked to the bathroom and started up the shower. I checked the temperature before stepping in. I stood under the showerhead just letting the waterfall onto my shoulders. I poured some shampoo into my hand before massaging it into my hair.

Once done, I wrapped myself in a towel and stepped out of the shower. I walked over to the counter and brushed my teeth. I applied a face mask that I had bought the last time I was at the mall. As I waited for it to dry I quickly got dressed. I threw my wet hair into a ponytail and walked to the front area.

Moving the suitcases to the floor, I threw myself onto the bed. I'm so tired that I could probably sleep for a week and I was almost asleep but my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked answering it.

"Liliana, hey did you make it?" Annalise asked, this is my first time hearing from her since I got here.

"Yeah, I made it. Anna, it's so beautiful here, you need to come down here whenever you can," I said.

"Oh, I bet, your mother is a crying mess. And your father, well he's heated, to say the least," she said.

"I don't feel bad for leaving instead I feel powered," I said.

"As you should, you let them control you for twenty-three years," she said, I can imagine her laying on her back on her bed.

"So anything new with Justin?" I asked, smirking.
"Not really, just that we are going on a date!" she squealed.

"No way! When is it?" I asked, overly happy.

"We are going to the movies on Tuesday," she said, sighing, "but I have no clue as to what to wear,"

"Call me and I'll make sure you look so hot that he won't be able to take his eyes off of you," I said.

"You are the best friend I could ever ask for," Anna said, "so are there any hot guys there?"

"Well there is this one guy," I said before she cut me off.

"What's his name? What does he look like?" She asked interested.

"His name is Luciano, he looks like a god honestly. But there is something about him that...just screams danger but it intrigues me," I said sighing into the phone.

"Oh danger?" she asked in a goofy voice, "maybe he will whisk you away and get married on a yacht,"

"Yeah right, besides we just met, or well we met at the restaurant because I bumped into him," I mumbled.

"Liliana you bumped into a hot man and didn't bother to tell me," Anna said, I could tell she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, it didn't cross my mind when I was basically running away from home," I teased.

"Whatever, in conclusion, you suck," she said. I rolled my eyes and talked to her for a little longer before hanging up on her. That girl could talk for hours on end.

I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv so that I could have some type of sound in the background. Slipping in and out of consciousness, I finally fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to my phone buzzing like crazy. I groaned and rolled over to check who could possibly want to wake me up at...four in the afternoon. I rolled my eyes and picked my phone up. All texts from Annalise and Evan, then an unknown number. First I called Annalise.

"Finally, I've been trying to get ahold of you all day," she said.

"Well hello to you too," I said, "what is so important?"

"Oh, yeah." she said, "your father is on his way to Sicily right now as we speak. He plans on dragging you home if he has to,"

"Are you serious?" I asked jumping upright.

"As serious as they come," she said, "He has been trying to track your phone for a little while,"

"Um, I'm going to write down important numbers and then destroy this one," I said and hung up. Before going to my contacts I went to the unknown text message.

This is Luciano, it read. I furrowed my eyebrows at how he got my number but shrugged it off. I wrote down that number along with the rest of the numbers I would need. I walked outside to the balcony and stomped on the phone completely shattering it. I grabbed my purse and placed a couple of hundred euros in it before walking out to my car.

I backed out of the parking spot I was in and drove until I found an apple store or what I hoped to be an apple store. I parked and walked in. I waited until one of the works walked over to me. I explained that I just needed a new one and a new number. She gladly helped me and got me exactly what I wanted. Let's hope father doesn't found this number.