chapter 3

"Dinner is ready" called my dad from downstairs.

I put down the book I was reading (which I had just finished) and thought to myself that it was good timing. I stood up from my bed where I was laying and went to the dining room. On the table was lamb stew and vegetables; one of my favourites. We sat down and started eating but as soon as I had taken my fourth bite the phone started ringing. My dad got up to get it but my mother stopped him

"I'll get it" she said and put her hand on his shoulder. 

She walked away. For only a few minutes she was on the phone and with it still in her hand she came back cautiously into the dining room and declared the news:

"They want us to go back to the capitol... all of us."

"What..? When?" My dad asked

"They are sending a train tomorrow afternoon... they want us to see everything they have made of the capitol since the war"

"Ok... well kids after dinner we will talk to you about what is happening tomorrow"

As soon as he finished his sentence the phone rung again. My mum picked it up and answered

"Hello? Oh yes hello Phoenix.. I'm good thank you... how are you?..."

My eyes darted up from my food, which I was eating, as soon I heard the name Phoenix. Phoenix O'dair was my best friend; but he lived in district 4 so the only real time I got to see him was over the phone.

"Well that's good... oh yes Willow is here now... sure I will tell her to call you"

She hangs up the phone the phone turns to me.

"That was Phoenix, he asked if you could call him after you've eaten"

"Okay, I will"

I rushed to finish my food faster, I wanted to tell Phoenix that we had to go into the capitol; maybe he was going to come too! I finally finished my food and rush upstairs. I grabbed my phone and clicked a few buttons, I set it facing upright on my desk and a bright blue hologram shot up from my phone floating in mid-air. This was the best and newest phone the capitol had created after the war, they worked for a long time in district 3 to get these hologram phones which were extremely thin and apparently they found a device from a year called 2020 or something that was apparently called a mobile/cell phone but it didn't have a hologram or anything and they just had to click the screen!

The massive ringing screen with its few buttons floated for only a few seconds until Phoenix picked up.

"Hi! I haven't seen you in ages" I exclaimed, a smile growing across my face.

"Hey! Did you hear that we have to go to the capitol"

"Yeah, my parents told us about that. They looked kind of worried. My dad said that they would talk to us about that after we have eaten and they have cleaned up. They're doing that right now"

"They're probably worried because they haven't been there since the war ended"

"Wait... so you're going as-well! Oh my god I'm gonna see you and not through a screen!"

Phoenix laughed and said "Well I have seen you before in real life"

"Yeah but..." I sarcastically sigh "you know what I mean" I roll my eyes and he laughs. 

We talk for ages about everything until he gets called from downstairs and has to go. We say goodbye and hang up.