Chapter 26 - New Year Resolutions

[Vic's POV]

Christmas came and went and then it was the New Year. All bands got together to watch the countdown from Time Square on the television.

Jackie's been trying to deal with the pregnancy, but the nausea and dizzines are alot to handle. I'm glad i'm there to support her, and i can't until the baby is born.

"So, what are your New Year resolutions??" Jackie said, a video camera in her hand.

"Is that recording??" i asked.

"Yep," she said.

"Well, since you asked," i said as i pulled her next to me and took the camera from her and aimed it at us.

"My new year resolution is to have the best family, marry the greatest girl in the world, and be the best dad ever," i said.

"Awww, Vic," Jackie said, kissing my lips. I then put the camera to her belly. "Our little kiddo is on the way," i mocked.

"My belly isnt even huge yet," she said.

"At least let me be cute about it," i said as i positioned the camera on Jackie

"Okay," she said laughing. She then puts her hand on her stomach and rubs it gently.

"Now that's adorable," i smirked.

"Okay," she said laughing. I just kiss her lips and hug her close, shutting the camera off.

"Get a room!!" we hear Jaime shout. Jackie and i just flip him off as we kiss, having everyone laugh.

"Hey guys, c'mon!! The countdown!!" Mike shouts.

We all crowd around the television and watcha s the big ball began the countdown and we all started counting down.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!" We all shout and conffeti and streamers shoot all over the room and me and Jackie share our midnight kiss.

Tony and Skylar did the same, Mitch with Jolie, and Kellin with Katelynn. 

I'm glad for this new year. New life, new family, new journeys.

[Jackie's POV]

I was excited for this new year. I was going to get married, have a family with Vic, be together. Our past had some bumpy roads, but we were ready to redeem ourselves, despite last year being only catching up.

But something occured to me. Vic is going on tour this year, and then thinking about Vans Warped . He'll be gone, and the baby will be here in 8 months. We're planning on getting married when we come back. I still have my job as merch girl, but i will be having maternity leave.

But can Vic make it on time for the baby's birth??

It was alot to think about. But only time will tell.

We all celebrated and then me and Vic went to sleep earier  since i began to feel dizzy.

"You sure you're okay??" Vic asked as he lied down next to me.

"I'm fine. Just a bit lightheadd. I need an appointment at the maternity office soon," i said as i cuddled next to him.

"Okay," he said.

I then remembered another resolution i wanted to make: make up with my parents. 

"Vic, do you think we should make up with our parents??" i asked. 

He looked down at me. "I dont know. What they did makes me want to forgive the drunk driver that hit us that night instead of them," he saids.

"I know. But we can't hate them forever. They're our parents, soon to be grandparents," i said.

He places his hand on my stomach and rubs is softly. "Yeah. We'll think about it soon," he saids.

"Okay," i said, reaching up to kiss his chin and cuddle closer to him.

"I love you he said, hugging me closer.

"I love you, too," i said.

We then fall asleep.