rain

you slowly wake up, your head still pounding from the night before. sasha is still fast asleep, with crumbs on her face.

'did she really get up in the middle of the night half-drunk for food? sounds like sasha.'

you laugh quietly and glance over to the clock, your mind still groggy.

11:24 the clock reads.

11:24

11:24...

"fuck!" you yell a bit to loudly. you slap your hand over your mouth hoping not to wake sasha.

you quickly grab your phone and check mikasa's latest text.

mikasa: "meet me at 11"

'your kidding me! I'm late! again!!'

you stumble out of bed and rush to get ready. once your done, you run out the door and quickly make your way to mikasa's dorm.

'how am i always late!!' you groan to yourself as you reach mikasa's door.

just as your about to knock, the door opens on the other side. mikasa stands there, looking beautiful as ever.

you gawk at her in awe for a few seconds, your hand still raised as if you're about to knock.

mikasa stands there, waiting for you to say something.

"oh, mikasa! i'm so sorry i'm late, i totally for-"

"come on" she says with a smile before grabbing your hand. "we're going out."

she leads you down to the parking garage, and  walks you over to her car, gesturing for you to get in. you happily abide, stepping inside.

"so.. where are we going..?" you ask.

"its's a surprise." she says as she pulls out of the building.

"what kind of surprise?" you ask playfully.

"you'll see" she says, smiling to herself.

you two are silent for a bit, just enjoying each others company, untill you speak up.

"mikasa" you say.

"mhm?"

"i like spending time with you."

she smiles but doesn't say anything. she simply puts her hand on yours, causing your heart to pound. she glances at you, making you expect a response.

"so what happened last night?" she asks.

you huff slightly in disappointment. "it was nothing, some guy just-"

"im sorry"

"wha- its not your fault h-"

"i should have stayed with you." she says in a more serious tone. "y/n i care about. i wont let anything happen to you again. im sorry."