12

I pulled into the driveway at around five-thirty. I exhaled as I turned off the car and unbuckled my seatbelt. As I got out of the car, I saw in the window of the house Zane, Kawaii~Chan, and Vylad all watching a movie in the living room. I smiled, thankful that they seemed to have had a good day. I walked in and announced that I was home. Kawaii~Chan grinned from ear to ear, pausing the movie asking me; "Oh Garroth! I'm so glad you're back! Do you want to watch the rest of this movie with us? You can sit next to me!"

She patted the cushion besides her, her eyes still sparkling with excitement. Every time I look into her eyes though, I can't help but to be terrified. I remember when they looked at me with fear and how I didn't even hesitate to hurt her. Zane seemed to notice my uneasiness and said; "I think he should go upstairs and rest Four. Seven has had a long day."

I mentally thanked him, still feeling guilty. I carried my stuff upstairs, hearing that KC had unpaused the movie. As I closed the door of my bedroom, I groaned with exhaustion and collapsed on my bed. My new job was tiring and long. It didn't even pay that much. It just...it got it me away...
Unfortunately, my nap was disturbed when I heard my phone ding. I rolled my eyes but, smiled seeing that Lucinda had texted me. But, that soon went away as I read it.

Hey Garroth! Don't be mad at me but, I need you to come get Laurance...ITS AN EMERGENCY!

I sighed, wondering what the hell he managed to do in the span of eight hours while I was gone. I got up and put on my jacket again, going back downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Vylad asked, still leaning on the couch relaxed.

"Laurance got into some trouble at Lucinda's. I'll be back in a bit,", I answered before rushing out the door. I ran down the street and up to the witch's door, knocking rapidly. The woman herself opened it, looking relieved to see me.

"Thank Irene you're here,", She sighed, letting me in. "He won't listen to me and he's been here for hours."

My eyes widened then rolled once I saw the extent of the situation before me. Laurance was lazily laying on the couch, a cup of what I saw was coffee in his hand. It took him a while to steady his gaze before smiling wide at me, saying; "Heyyyy Gar! You're back!"

"What happened?", I immediately asked Lucinda to which she explained; "I may of have spiked the coffee...not much but, I guess I have a higher tolerance than him. We had around four cups. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay,", I assured her gently but, got firm once I directed my gaze to the brunette. "It's not your fault."

He seemed to shrink into himself, him realizing even in his drunken state that he did something wrong. I walked over to him and kneeled down, asking him as calmly as I could; "Can we please go home?"

He smirked leaning closer to me; "Only if you carry me~"

"I'm not doing that Laurance."

"Whyyyy? You have super strength!" I winced at his volume of voice, it gradually getting louder the more he talked. "Well whatever! Lucinda and I are having a great time!" He spat into my face, me looking back at Lucinda who only awkwardly smiled at him.

I grabbed his wrists, taking the coffee out of his hand, trying to pull him off the couch. He whined like a child as I tried to do it.

"Ow! That hurts Garroth!"

I froze, slightly nervous that I was hurting him but, I saw that he was only being dramatic. I finally was able to hoist him up, hooking his arm around my shoulders, guiding him out of Lucinda's house. "Here, I'll come with you,", She said, grabbing a potion from her kitchen. "I have something that'll knock him out until the alcohol is out of his system."