Chapter 22 : I'm Starving

To admit that some people literally have no conscience is not technically the same as saying that some human beings are evil, but it is disturbingly close.

Nora's POV -

In my whole life of 24 years, today is the day I took the quickest shower ever. " Breakfast is ready. " Josie informs as I step out of the bathroom.

" No time Joe, I have to go. " I tell without glancing at her, holding my bag, trying to stuff my foot into the shoe.

It's wrong to leave without bidding Goodbye to Mrs Taylor but she is sleeping soundly like a kid, and I think it's more wrong to wake somebody from their beauty sleep.

" Please tell Mrs Taylor I said Goodbye and sorry for leaving like this. " I blab in rush before I leave their house, and thankfully Josie has already ordered me a cab which is waiting right next to me. I quickly slide into it not before making sure if the seat is germs free by wiping it with tissues.

I look into the rear view mirror of the cab as I finger comb my caramel brown hairs and I can feel the cab driver also looking at the mirror to see the gorgeous yet crazy girl sitting on the back seat.

" Never seen a girl combing her hairs, huh? " I cock a brow while he immediately averts his gaze to the road like he was never watching me.

Bloody Creep!

I hide my face's sleepiness and puffiness with some BB cream, concealer, compact and a lifesaver lipstick that I always keep in my bag, which finally makes me look a little presentable.

***

I rush through the staircase of my apartment building as soon as I get out of the cab, I quickly slip myself into my office wear, get my hairs combed with a real comb, grab my Ipad which is provided by the office in case you wonder. And I finally have a look of mine in my mirror before leaving to make sure I don't scare people with the make up I did in hurry.

As I have spent quite a lot of money in travelling from Chicago to Galena and then back to Chicago, I have left just 10 dollars, so now I have to legitimately run to the office.

The only fact that is keeping me sane right now is, today is the day I will get my first salary from this new job, and I've a fully prepared list of how to spend my salary even before receiving it.

But first of all, I've to pay the apartment's rent of 4 months including the past three months before the landlady kicks me out.

I turn my wrist to see the time as I reach the office building, it's two minutes to nine, I'm on time! A message pops on my phone's screen the very moment I sit on my chair beside my desk.

The not so visible frown on my face becomes more invisible as I sneak into the message, it tells that my salary has been deposited to my bank account.

Oh heavens, such a relief!

I place my bag at the corner of my desk, no time to take deep breaths, I mute my cell for no disturbance, turn on the computer and open my mail to find the drafts I made on Mrs Taylor's laptop. However before I could download them Mr. Male Bitch enters the office and I rush to him with my IPad.

" Good Morning Sir, first you have a meeting with the Advertising company MD at 9:30, then a meeting with Tatiana Roman at 10:15, then you have to go for a site visit to... "