6

Location: Q'annas Crib
Time: 3:35 Am

Q'anna

*𝙍𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙞𝙣𝙜*

I groan as I turn over to reach for my phone, I'm patting the table next to my bed and I realize that I left my phone in the living room.

I get up moving sluggishly to the living room stopping by Chi's room to check on her. I see she fell asleep while doing her homework. I walk in and move all the work from the bed to the desk and cover her up.

I double check to make sure everything is good and walk out. I finally make it to the living room and grab the stupid phone.

It starts ringing again.

"𝑀𝑎𝑛 𝐻𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑜?"

"𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑎 𝑏𝑢𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔"

I pull the phone from my ear and look at the number, it's not saved to me contacts and for some reason I don't recognize the voice.

"𝑄 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑖 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢"

It's Lante, he sounds sad.

"𝑈ℎ 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑎 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑"

I hang up and rush to my room and get dressed. I'm really tired but Lante seems like he needs me.I shoot Chi a text letting her know Imma be out so when she wakes up she's not all confused and stuff.

I walk out and lock the door, I decide go down the stairs since I live on the 3rd floor.

It's cold asf and I check the time. 4:00am.

I get outside and I look around for Lante's car.
*𝗕𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗕𝗲𝗲𝗽*

I turn in the direction of the honking and walk over to the car. I get on the passenger side and wait for him to unlock the door.

*𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗸

I sit down and take off my jacket since it's warm in his car. I didn't even really put on nothing but my pajama pants I kept my tank top on and threw on some crocs.

He looks at me, I can tell he was crying.

"𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑢𝑝 𝐿𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒? 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑?"

Before he talks he wipes his face. "𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦...."

I don't say anything I just let him take his time and talk.

"𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑧𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑤𝑡𝑦. 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑖𝑚 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡. 𝐻𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟."

My eyes widen at what I just heard. I know exactly who he's talking about. I'm shocked because I didn't know that Kenton was Lante's brother. He's not wrong when I used to go to his house his little sister would come up to me and tell me that Kenton was doing things to her. I confronted him about it and he tried to put his hands on me, denying that he even did such a thing.