Chapter 3: Pre-Date Purgatory and Italian Treasure

Chapter 3: Pre - Date Purgatory and Italian Treasure

            "How about this dress? No it's too dressy for pizza. What about this tee shirt? Wait no a tee shirt's too casual. Unless we pair it with really cute jewelry." Audrey mumbles to herself as she sifts through the different clothing options in my closet.

        She decided to stop by and help me pick out an outfit after discovering I still didn't have one in mind after my one-sided brainstorming with Keega the other day. However as soon as she came into my room she has completely taken hold of the reigns.

            "I have practically no jewelry."

            "Accessories are so imortant to an outfit. How do you live with yourself?" Audrey exclaims turning towards me with widened eyes.

            "Just fine, thank you for asking."

        it's not like I don't like jewelry, believe me I do, but I'll either misplace it or my brothers find it and it ends up broken or lost. So instead of having money wasted on jewelry that barely lasts a month I choose not to get any. The very few pieces of jewelry I have are two charm bracelets I've been gifted that my family likes to add to every year, a necklace with my birthstone, and an expensive matching pearl set my great grandmother gave me that I only wear on special occasions. Other than that, jewelry is a no go for me. Those items only manaed to get salvaged because my mom keeps them in her jewelry case that my brothers never dare to mess with. Especially since combined the jewelry costs just about as much as a college fund.

            "Okay then you can wear an outfit with a cardigan, or your hair down." She ruffles through my closet once more looking for the assortment of neutral colored cardigans I have, plus one pink one I made the mistake of buying, and I could practically see the gears turning in her hair.

            "I think it would be best not to bother my hair, this is actually one of my better curly hair days and I'd like to keep it that way by not making it mad." She wouldn't understand because of her perfect straight, waist-length auburn that never seems to get tangled. Meanwhile I can't run a brush through my hair unless it's wet or I'll look like a poodle after walking through a shop full of blow dryers.

            Turning around she fixes m with a hard stare. "Your hair is not that bad Sienna."

            "Says the straight-haired girl that doesn't have to deal with it on a day-to-day basis." I respond, rolling onto my stomach and burying my face into my ams.

            "Oh close your mouth and go try this on." She says tossing the clothes at my head.

• • • •

        In all of the commotion of me getting perfectly prepared for my outing, we ended up finishing half an hour early.

         "This is worse than running late for a date." I say plopping myself down on the couch and propping my feet, clad in white low-top converse, onto the coffee table. After "careful contemplation" Audrey decided that I should wear a regular pair of light wash jeans, rolled at the ankles, and a white chiffon tank top. Since it is pretty cold outside, but not too cold thanks to Texas weather, I threw on my favorite light gray cardigan that also happens to cover up the quarter sized stain on the side hem of my shirt that I was never quite able to get rid of.

        We diecided to leave my hair alone since I was having a nice hair day. Audrey did however take the liberty of placing a jaw clip and a couple of hair ties into my black cross-body bag in case things got a little too out of hand with my hair. She chides me about always being prepared for a hair crisis but I've just learned to go with whatever flow my hair creates.