𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸: 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚃𝚘 𝙶𝚎𝚝 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 (𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷)

3rd person POV

One of the main things that travels through the hallways of Hope's Peak are rumors. Some harsh, some good. No one really knows how they start, but they always find out how the harsh ones end. Pain.

"Okay, that's it for today, students! See you tomorrow." Yukizome finished with a smile, before putting her things away.
"Huh...?" Kazuichi looked up from his desk to see Sonia and Gundham having a conversation, what wasn't usual since they don't really seem to chat that much anymore... Smiling and giggling.
"I shouldn't interrupt." Kazuichi spoke to himself, picking up his bag and leaving the classroom.
"Yo, Kaz! Did you hear?!" Ibuki ran up to Kazuichi with excitement.
"Hear what?" He asked.
"The rumors! That uh... Gundham and Sonia are dating!" Ibuki replied.
"Impossible... I'm pretty sure Sonia likes girls anyways."
"Well who knows! They seem to have been talking a lot recently!"
"That is true..."
"Anyways! I needa' scram! See ya!" Ibuki ran off, Kazuichi waving back.
"No way..." Kazuichi muttered to himself, before taking off.

Kazuichi arrived at his dorm, and dropped his stuff. He grabbed his phone and hopped on to his bed. He went on to messages, and typed a message to Gundham.

wassup

Greetings, Mortal.

how r u

Fine, I guess? You?

fine too ig
not to b nosey or anything but what were u chatting to Sonia abt??

Oh, it was about true murders. I never knew she was also interested in them.

cool

Well, I have to do some things. So, farewell

byee

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

'Of course he has things to do... He's been like that a lot recently.' Kazuichi thought to himself, letting out a sigh. Kazuichi got up from his bed, and gave out a big stretch.
'I'll go to the yakisoba bar down the road.' Kazuichi directed himself, grabbing his keys and throwing on his coat. He left his dorm, and went out of the dorm house. It was getting quite dark, so Kazuichi picked up his pace.

Once he arrived, he order some chicken-flavored ramen, and sat down at the bar. He started to eat with a miserable look on his face.
"Erm... are you okay?" A male's voice said, Kazuichi looked over his side to see a male who seemed the same age with black hair and green eyes.
"U-Uh.. yeah. I'm fine, I'm just a bit pissed at someone." Kazuichi stuttered.
"Why?" The male spoke again.
"Well... it just feels like he's ignoring me. He's been talking to this other girl in our class that I'm close friends with... and I haven't even been able to bring up many conversations with her recently either. They seem to be also hanging out after school. I just feel like he hates me... we had so much fun at the Valentine's dance, but now it feels like he we just playing with me." Kazuichi explained.
"I see... I've had times like that when people ignored me in highschool." The male replied.
"It really sucks, huh..." Kazuichi sighed.
"Yup. Well, I'm sure he'll come back to you... if not, maybe there's personal reasons."
"I guess... thanks."
"Your welcome."

Kazuichi got back to the dorm and fell onto his bed. It was near midnight, so he jumped back out and got into his pajamas, again jumping into his bed. He turned off the nightlight, and sat in silence. He can't exactly get to sleep that easily... so this'll be hard. All he could think about was Gundham. The dance was so amazing... he enjoyed it. But ever since then, it's like Gundham has been avoiding him. He doesn't want to seem like a total douche and be so protective, but he can't help but feel jealous. Kazuichi is great friends with Sonia, but it hurts seeing his crush and one of his closest friends chatting to each other like he isn't there. A few days ago, they had a project that had to be done in partners. Gundham and Sonia had partnered up before he could even blink an eye... so he worked with Ibuki. He doesn't mind Ibuki, they're literally best friends... but he enjoys Gundham's company. He comforts him, and gives him more confidence.

"I'm such a jerk..." Kazuichi sighed, and tossed onto his side. He looked at a picture of him and Gundham, he only felt miserable.

It was the next morning, English class. Kazuichi, like every single day, dug his head into his arms. He didn't care about English. Even if he could do it, he didn't care anymore. He just needs to get the work and do it.
"Kazuichi. Please... listen." Yukizome took him out of his nap.
"S-sorry..." Kazuichi stuttered. He sat back into his chair, and let out a sigh before Yukizome started speaking again. Kazuichi was tired out of his mind. He just wishes things were better.

After class, Kazuichi headed straight to the bathroom. Kazuichi went straight into a cubicle. He sat didn't do anything, other than sit in silence on the toilet. It was break time, but he didn't really move. He heard the door of the bathroom open, he made sure to keep quiet.
"So, Tanaka-San? Do you really like her?" A familiar voice questioned.
"I'm struggling to find an answer to such question, as someone like me cannot fall in love so carelessly. But, I'm more worried about what young Kazuichi would react to such words." Gundham sighed.
"I feel the same... I've had many things like that before." That was Hajime.

Kazuichi sat in silence. Not moving a muscle. Only a small tear ran down his face. But he couldn't move. He didn't want to be noticed. He was angry. Did he really say that? It's a joke... right?

HI I EXIST the only reason I haven't been posting or really interacting (other than replying to comments), is because I've been working on my oc stuff on my 2nd acc (kazucore 😕🤞🏻) BUT I PROMISE ILL FINISH RHIS SOON there's only like 2 chapters after this one SOO BYEE BESTIES