Teamwork makes the Dream work

Gibbs looked over to the other side, following DiNozzo's gaze. He watched as the BAU team diligently sat in a circle, with one team member creating and sticking post-it notes onto their board. Gibbs smirked, they were old-school. Listening in on their thought process, Gibbs struggled to understand how they justified the killer's actions. So what if he came from a broken home? So many children do and don't turn into murderers. In his head there was no justification for cold-blooded murder.

"He is targeting military families with children. Was Steven supposed to be home? Was that an over-sight?" Morgan asked.

"No, I think it was deliberate." Reid replied. "He wants to leave the children as orphans. Maybe the same thing happened to him?"

"The two previous murders weren't Navy. They were Army, so maybe his move to a different military branch is a forensic counter measure." Prentiss stated.

"Yes, and the two before were Airforce personnel. There is a definite pattern with the military, but to what end?" Rossi chipped in.

Hotch took control of the conversation. "Prentiss and Morgan go to the most recent crime scene. Reid and Rossi, I need a geographic and victim profile. JJ, you and I will speak to the remaining family. Let's get to it."

Gibbs moved to intercept. "Hey, you don't mind if my team join you?" He asked, trying his best to be polite.

Hotch looked taken aback. "Uh, yes of course."

Gibbs nodded, enjoying the shocked look on the Team Leader's face. "DiNozzo, you go with them to the crime scene. McGee, you work with those two on the - uh - profiling, take them down to Abby's lab, and call Ducky up to help. Ziva, you go talk to Steven with them. I need coffee." He ordered.

"Oh hey, if you're - uh - getting coffee, any chance for an order?" Rossi called to Gibbs as he strolled out. Gibbs abruptly stopped walking and turned to face the older man.

"Sure, what's your poison?" Gibbs replied.

Rossi smirked, "just a bit of cream and one sugar."

"Anyone else want something, I have a feeling it's going to be a long day." Gibbs asked.

The members of the NCIS team looked as though their boss had grown another head. Gibbs was actually offering coffee. The BAU team all thanked him and declined. Gibbs shrugged and stalked off to the elevator.

———————————————————————

The Teams split to start their assigned task. Prentiss and Morgan stood up and DiNozzo jogged over to follow them to the elevator.

"So, uh, Emily and Derek, right?" Tony confirmed.

"That's right, Tony." Prentiss replied confidently. Tony chuckled, slightly unnerved by her confidence.

"We are heading over to Arlington, you know where you are going?" Tony asked Morgan.

"Sure, we going in your Chevy or our SUV?" Morgan replied with a smile.

"Ladies choice." Tony replied.

"SUV. I'll drive." Prentiss stated, throwing her keys up in her hand. Tony smiled and nodded, Morgan just chuckled at the whole exchange. The drive over to Arlington was filled with small talk from the NCIS agent to the BAU agents. By the time they arrived at their destination, Tony had grown to like both of his new colleagues, and the feeling was reciprocated.

———————————————————————

McGee lead Reid and Rossi down to Abby's lab. He opted to use the stairs as the elevator had been taken my DiNozzo and the other two BAU agents. As he did, he pulled his phone out and called Ducky.

"Ducky, we need you up in Abby's lab. No we don't need Palmer. Yes, he can still come. Gotta go, see you in a minute."

"So, have any of you got experience with profiling?" Rossi asked as they marched down the stairs.

"Our ME, Ducky, has a considerable repertoire, including some profiling." McGee replied.

"Impressive." Rossi commented. As they took the last group of steps, they were hit with loud music and the sound of the elevator dinging. Ducky and Jimmy strode out of the elevator, shouting for Abby to turn down the music. Rossi turned to give Reid a look of amusement. The younger agent had a look of horror on his face.

"Abs, Ducky, Jimmy, these are agents Rossi and Reid from the BAU." McGee introduced them.

"A pleasure." Ducky stated, shaking Rossi's hand, Reid threw a waving hand up. Jimmy opted for a wave and smile too.

"The pleasure is ours." Rossi replied, shaking his head at Reid's germophobia.

"So, Timothy, what are we all doing here?" Ducky asked.

"Uh, we are doing whatever they say we are doing." He replied.

"Which is?" Asked Abby, looking less than impressed at the number of people in her sacred lab.

"I will be doing a geometric profile of the murders. Uh do you have a map or something?" Reid asked.

"Abs, you work with Reid. Set him up on the digital map and then when you have done send it to me so I can put it up on the plasma." McGee ordered.

"Come on, Reid." Abby commanded.

"It's just Spencer, if you'd like." Reid replied. Abby smiled and nodded, pulling him to the computers.

"Alright, that leaves me, Mr Palmer, you and agent Rossi to do what?" Ducky asked.

"We, my friend, are going to do a victim profile. We can see if we have missed any behaviours and patterns that our unsub is following." Rossi explained, strolling to the metal table. "Have you got any paper?"

"Of course!" Ducky replied, indicating his notepad.

"Let's get started then." Rossi said.