We all need a soul to rely on; A shoulder to cry on

This song was something I really felt like represented how Maxwell & Scarlet are to each other.

Scarlet's POV,

(They are on a lunch break, why? Because I don't wanna write the two of them going through school. . . Because school is no Bueno)

Scarlet and Maxwell, were sitting down in a Starbucks, side by side.

(Don't judge I like Starbucks)

"Hey, I never asked you this but what did Chole want to tell you earlier today?" Maxwell asked, sipping his Caramel Frappuccino. 

Scarlet froze. Uhhhhhh. . . 

"Nothing," Scarlet said sipping her hot chocolate. 

Maxwell frowned. "I don't think she said anything. She threatened you didn't she?"

Wait how does he know? Did he hear?

"Um, yes. How did you know?" Scarlet asked, surprised.

Maxwell sighed. "That's a common thing Chole does. I wish she would just stop." Maxwell muttered, his voice saying he didn't approve.

Should I tell him? Should I tell him the real reason that Chole wanted to speak to me?

"Maxwell?" Scarlet asked quietly. 

"Yes?" Maxwell asked, looking up from his phone.

"The real reason Chole wanted to talk to me was that she . . ." Scarlet shifted in her seat. "She, um, likes you and she kinda didn't want us to . . ." Scarlet frowned how did she say this? "She didn't want us to like become friends and hang out."

Maxwell however didn't look surprised, in fact, he muttered. "How many times do I have to tell her I don't like her?" 

Even though the question wasn't directed to Scarlet. Scarlet couldn't help but wonder, how long would it take for Chole to realize that Maxwell didn't like her?

"I don't know. But I don't think she's going to believe it until your taken or something." Scarlet muttered her face heating up.

Maxwell rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I bet so."

Scarlet shifted uncomfortably, as Maxwell stared off into the distance, his expression unreadable.

What is he thinking? Did I do something wrong?

"What's on your mind?" Scarlet asked after she couldn't stand the uncomfortable silence anymore.

"Huh?" Maxwell asked. 

"What's on your mind?" Scarlet asked again.

"Oh, well I'm thinking about the class I guess there's a test coming up for Spanish, it's today and I suppose I'm a bit nervous," Maxwell muttered.

Spanish? A test for Spanish?!? Today? Do I get a pass? I just joined this school today. 

Scarlet bit her lip nervously.

Maxwell seemed to notice, "I think you'll get a pass. I doubt that they'll give you the test, without giving you time to study for it." Maxwell said reaching for Scarlet's hand. 

Scarlet smiled shyly. 

He's so nice. . . Scarlet mentally slapped herself.

I. Don't. Have. A. Crush. On him. 

However, Scarlet's face flushed, as her brain argued.

No, you don't have a simple crush on him. . . You like, love him. . . And I'm sure he likes you too. Why don't you ask?