Chapter 6

Sasuke woke up the next morning and stared at the ceiling. He felt numb. He didn't bother to look over when he heard a small knock on his door.

"Morning" Itachi paused, hoping Sasuke would reply, but never did. Letting out a small sigh, he continued "Are you going to school today? If you are, I can drop you off"

Sasuke took a deep breath, held it for a moment, and let it back out. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do. He didn't feel like being around anyone, but he also didn't want to really be alone.

He found himself craving Naruto's presence more and more. And it was hard for him to wrap his mind around that it's only been a day. The blond had more of an effect on him than he was ever willing to admit.

Sasuke glanced over at his brother who was leaning in the doorway. He slightly nodded his head and used all of his energy he had to get out of bed.

"You don't have to-" Itachi started.

"I don't want to just mope around all day. I can already hear Naruto's nagging voice in the back of my head" he rolled his eyes as he headed towards the bathroom.

Itachi let out a small chuckle and ruffled the youngers hair as he walked by. Sasuke didn't even bother smacking his hand away, as he was going to shower anyway. He didn't sleep very well last night and he could feel his hair sticking in all different directions.

As he walked into the bathroom, he started the shower and proceeded to grab a towel from the closet. When he passed the mirror, he stopped. What happened next, had Itachi running and bursting through the door. "What's wrong?!"

Sasuke was leaned over the sink trying to catch his breath. He had tears streaming down his face and his hand was clutching his shirt, gasping.

Itachi slowly put his hand out to touch Sasuke's shoulder, but was stopped when Sasuke grabbed his arm, holding himself up. He turned to Itachi and was... laughing.

Sasuke was full blown crying tears from laughing. He couldn't get a word out to Itachi as he looked in the mirror again and started all over again. Itachi blankly stared at Sasuke for a moment before following the youngers hand as he pointed to his hair.

Itachi tried to hold his laugh back, he let out a small chuckle. Sasuke's hair looked EXACTLY like Naruto's. The only difference: it was black. It was almost uncanny how each piece stuck in the direction that Naruto's did. Itachi waited for Sasuke to calm down. He knew the younger was in a lot of pain and he got the feeling the laugh was just a cover so he didn't cry.

Sasuke took a couple breaths and finally calmed down. He still had a small smile, but it slowly faded. He looked over towards Itachi with tears in his eyes. But these ones were not tears of laughter. These were tears of pain and longing. Without hesitation, Itachi reached out to the younger raven and wrapped him in a hug.

Itachi always knew what Naruto meant to Sasuke, even if Sasuke himself was blind to it. He knew Sasuke's pride would get in the way and prevent him from being able to convey his feelings to the blond. But Itachi also knew that Sasuke didn't quite know his feelings yet. It was something that was undiscovered by the raven.

However, Itachi knew about Naruto's feelings. Though he never admitted it out loud, Itachi saw the way Naruto looked at Sasuke when Sasuke wasn't paying attention. It was a look much like Sasuke was giving now: pain and longing. It crushed his heart to think that neither of them might have the chance to tell one another.

Itachi wanted to tell Sasuke he should just stay home, but he was quickly shoved out of the bathroom before he realized what happened. Sasuke had broken the hug, shoved Itachi out of the bathroom, locked the door, stripped, and jumped in the shower.