"I messed up. Like big time."

"Who could be knocking at the door right now? It's late..." Sherry questioned. I shrugged. My dad and Luke didn't know either. Sherry walked up to the door and opened it.
"...Leroy?? I- What are you doing here?"
"I need to see Luke. I messed up. Like big time."
I sent a puzzled look towards Luke. He sent the same one back.
"I wonder if this is about the field trip thing."
"Probably. I guess I should go talk to him."
He walked up to the door gingerly. He greeted his dad's eyes.
"Luke... I-I need to apologize. I didn't realize who you were."
"Hm." Luke said uncomfortably.
I interject. "Luke was really hurt by you. And by the look on his face, he doesn't want to talk to you."
"Kate!" My dad hissed.
"Oh" Leroy said sadly. "Well I'll be around I guess." He left and got on his motorcycle and drove off.
The happy mood we previously had had worn off after the encounter. We finished our pizza in meek silence. Me and Luke stayed in the kitchen to wash dishes. My dad and Sherry sat on the couch. There were a couple silent moments between the two of us. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah I guess. He said he would be around, but I don't know if it would be a good conversation between the two of us."
"Oh. I mean you can think about it in the mean time."
"True. So uh anyways how are you doing?"
"Could we go to your room"
"Yeah, of course."
We shuffled to his room, passing our parent's holding hands.
"What is it? Like that you wanted to talk about?"
I glanced nervously at him. I fidgeted with the strap of my dress. "So I uh... when I went of with Emaline earlier... we danced. In the auditorium. And then she kissed me. And I kissed her back."
"Oh wow" He said with a face that screamed "shock".
"Yeah"
"Was it better than our kiss?" He sort of winced after he said it.
I shrugged, "It's not that it was better, but I liked it better with her. She's sweet and romantic.."
"...and a girl"
"Yeah haha"
"I thought she liked boys though?"
"I guess she likes both."
I patted him on the leg, gesturing to go back to the kitchen. We walk in to see Sherry cuddled up watching a rerun of 'Friends'.