Chapter 20

4th October 1999, Nott Manor

Katherine waited anxiously for Theo to come home she paced up and down the living room. She didn't like it but she asked Darvi to keep Lisa and Bekah occupied while she tried to figure things out. It made Katherine's skin crawl to know that she had asked a house-elf to do something for her. But she didn't want to worry Lisa and Bekah.

"Kat, what's up you sounded panicked?" Theo said, Katherine handed him the note.

'We know you have the book from 2007, bring it to us in Knockturn Alley and you can have your son back.'

"What do we do?" Katherine asked

"We can't give them the book, we don't even know who they are,"

"And what about Alex he's just a little boy," Katherine plead.

"Harry, he didn't show when I arrest Rhea Black,"

"You can't be serious, Harry wouldn't hurt a child," Katherine said

"Look around Kat," he shouted, Katherine jumped at the tone of voice, he had never shouted at her before "everyone who isn't a threat has been," Katherine remained silent for a moment

"I suppose it's worth checking out, Harry was one of the few people who knew about Alex," Katherine said

Theo paced around his study trying to figure out a way that they could get Alex back and keep the book, he had barely slept in the last 48 hours and was probably the reason he snapped at Katherine. It was Katherine's fault there was a lot happening with no true leads anywhere everyone was on edge.

"Ahh! Mummy, it's that scary lady," Lisa screamed

Katherine ran into the room where the girls were playing, Theo was far behind her, Katherine took a look at what Lisa was looking at. She creased her brows while telling Lisa and Bekah to go back and play, Theo looked at her cautiously.

"What is it?" he asked

"Lisa screamed at this photo," Katherine said showing him a picture

"How would they know her,?" Theo questioned "Bellatrix Lestrange died at the Battle of Hogwarts,"

"I know, you don't think somehow she could be alive could she?" Katherine asked

"No, I saw her die with my own eyes," Theo said,

"I'll talk to Harry, in the meantime, figure out how to get Alex without giving up the book," he said walking towards the door

"And how I am supposed to do that?" she questioned

"You're smart than you know, you'll figure it out," Theo said, closing the door behind him.

At Grimmauld Place,

Ginny was tending to Harry he had been awfully sick for the last few days, nothing a few potions couldn't fix. Hermione and Ron were staying at Grimmauld Place with Harry and Ginny. The last person they expected to stroll into Grimmauld Place was Theodore Nott.

"Where's Harry?" Theo demanded

"Why don't you calm down first," Hermione tried to calm him

"Granger, I haven't got time to waste, now where is Harry?" he asked again, more determined to talk to Harry as he walked through Grimmauld Place.

"Nott, what's wrong, is it Katherine?" Ron asked

"No, it's Alex, someone's taken him," he said

"Oh no, I'll get Harry," Ginny said, hurrying upstairs leaving Theo with Ron and Hermione

"What!" Theo snapped

"Who's Alex?" Hermione asked

"I thought Potter would have told you," he questioned "he's my son-

"You're what!" Ron exclaimed

"It's a long story, Harry will explain it to you," Theo said, not wanting to get into the whole situation, he was more concerned for Alex than explaining everything to Ron and Hermione. As they waited for Harry and Ginny to come downstairs. An owl flew through the window dropping a letter at Theo's feet.

"We have terms for when you swap the book for your boy. Number one, only Katherine Parker will touch the book, Number two, Katherine will bring the book to us, if she is followed we will leave before you'll get your boy. Do as we say and he'll be returned safe and unharmed."

Theo crumpled the letter in a clenched fist, as Harry and Ginny walked downstairs Theo showed Harry the letter that had just arrived along with the original letter that had come in the early hours of the morning.

"How do you want to get him back?" Harry asked

"I've told Katherine to work on the book, truthfully I don't what to do," Theo said, rubbing his eyes.

"Have you slept at all?" Ginny asked,

"Not since Rhea attacked me," Theo said, "I've been at the ministry all night, then when I get home, Kat says Alex was taken, so no I haven't slept,"

"Why don't you get some sleep," Harry suggested "we'll find Alex,"

"He's my son, I'll find him and get him back," Theo told "How do I know you aren't infected with that toxin?"

"What are you insane-

"Well, you didn't come in to help with Rhea Black, you tell me,"

"Have you lost your mind?"

"I don't want to put my son's life in your hands if I can't trust you,"

"Oh my god, you didn't have a son till a few months ago, you technically don't have a child,"

"Harry don't-

"No Ginny, he needs to hear this, you want to know what Katherine felt when she found out you were their father," Harry said, Theo wondered why Harry's demeanour had changed suddenly.

"She felt sick to her core that, she could ever love anyone like you-

Harry was cut off when Theo threw a punch at him, he left Grimmauld Place, knowing full well that he was alone in this even the likes of Harry Potter, himself weren't any help.