Part 25 - Rex

Rex didn't stop working with his dad even after Foxfire went back into session. He just had to stop spending so much time there.

It wasn't a problem, but he honestly enjoyed the work, so he wished he could stay there for hours on end, like he had before Foxfire went back into session.

He watched was his dad rang up a customer who was buying an elixir that Rex saw was Turquoise Tornado, something that was meant to give a person turquoise hair and send it into lots of unwanted, thick hair, making it incredibly tangled - essentially, like their hair had gone through a Tornado.

Rex liked to sit and observe all the customers. He remembered his dad telling him the reason behind the name of Slurps and Burps, and Rex got to see how the nobles reacted to it.

Usually, it was just individuals that walked in, but occasionally, bickering families came in.

Rex had to snort when that happened; he sure knew what it was like to be a part of a family that bickered constantly.

But he loved them, and he knew they loved him, too. Because that's what he believed siblings were for; to always be there when he needed help, or felt badly.

And he'd be there for them if they needed it, too.

That's what was kinda nice about having siblings close to his age - they all knew what the other was going through.

He glanced over at his dad, who had finished with the customer and was restocking the shelves.

Rex couldn't help but wonder what would happen if he told Bex and Lex about his suspicions of his Talentless-ness . . . .

It might feel kinda nice to talk to someone about his troubles. And they might get it, because they knew all about wondering whether they'd get an ability, didn't they?

After a few more hours of contemplating it, Rex decided that yes, it . . . really might be nice to talk to them about his worries.

He didn't have all that many friends outside of them, and while they were endlessly annoying, he knew that they'd sit down and listen if they knew it was important.

The more Rex thought about it, the more right it felt.