Chapter Eight

"ChaCha, I'm telling you this girl is a nightmare

"ChaCha, I'm telling you this girl is a nightmare."

She laughed into the camera. "I could've told you that before you got her pregnant. Sadly you're in it for the next eighteen years if this kid is really yours."

Chandra doesn't believe that the baby is mine even though I have traced the dates back. Genesis was with me the entire window when we would've conceived, so I don't see how it's possible that the baby is anyone else's. I've made my bed and now I have to lay in it. 

"Anyway, how did it go with her family?"

"Fucking hell..." I groaned and rolled my eyes. "They're another breed sis, I swear."

"That bad?"

"First off, her daddy is the laziest human being on the motherfucking planet. He ain't even help with anything but it makes sense cause he's dumb rich and they have people to cater to their every need. Her mom has zero sense and is the definition of a gold digger. Her siblings are the damn same. The only person in that family who had a single clue was her grandmother, her mother's mom. I don't know how many times that woman apologised to me for their behaviour and all that. To top all that off they didn't seem to care about the baby at all, only the grandma. That's probably the worst possible family to bring a child around."

"Damn." She sighed and got quiet for a minute. "There's not much you can do about that Aug, that's on them and her. The thing you can do though is show that baby love and shoe him or her how they deserve to be treated, raise the baby right. Don't let the little one end up like that witch and her family."

I chuckled. "You really don't like Genesis, do you?"

"Hell no and if it were up to me, she would've been shown how New Orleans gets down. That's just me though, anyway I have to go. Your nieces have been hounding me to take them to the theatre."

"My lil babies. Give them some love from me then and check your bank account, I'm transferring you some stuff to cover whatever y'all are doing today."

"August you don't have to do that-"

"I want to. I promise Melly that I'd take care of his girls, so that's what I'm doing. Y'all have fun, aight? I love you ChaCha."

She wiped away a stray tear and smiled. "Thank you for always making sure we're straight, I love you too little bro. I'll FaceTime you later with the girls."

"I'll be waiting. Peace."

I hung up and slipped my phone into the pocket of my jeans. Then I signalled to Terrence who had been waiting patiently by the door that it was time for us to go. I'd just got done doing another show and I have a flight to catch out to Idaho for my second to last show of my tour. The final show is going to be in Las Vegas where I plan to have some of my boys coming out to perform too - this will be a show for the history books. Thankfully I have a few weeks between now and then to recuperate...but that also means a few weeks with Genesis' nagging ass; I'm still not over what I experienced when we went to Miami to meet her family.