𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈 : 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟑

Arduous Chase and Whisper Kiss

***

A loud scream ricocheted across the room.

Portia walked towards the girl, her boots clicking on the exceedingly hard and cold tiles, before placing her palm against her mouth tightly, muffling her sounds successfully.

Harry got up, clutching onto his aching abdomen and looked for her clothes which were sitting in a pile on the corner of the room. He grabbed onto the garments, placing it in his arms before walking towards the girl.

"Portia, she looks petrified. Let her change and escape the scene." Harry said in a low voice, his eyes downcast as he placed the clothes in front of the girl and her round eyes widened in disbelief.

Portia leaned back once the girl stopped making any noise and the girl scrambled up to put on her clothes while Harry looked for an escape.

The night was dark and eerie. It was a wonder that no one had caught them yet but considering the loud scream that left the girl's lips, the probability of getting caught had increased manifold.

After putting on her clothes, the girl stared at the vile couple who seemed to not have a care about the body lying in a pool of blood beside them. The crimson liquid seeped through the wide cut in his body, flowing like melted lava on the surface that made her want to vomit just by watching the nasty scene. Her eyes looked to the side to watch the rich and aged man who paid for her as a prostitute, lying dead on the ground.

Portia had walked towards Wilson's body and took out her ornate dagger that was coated in crimson liquid before cleaning it with a rag towel as disgust filled her face. She threw away the stained cloth and pushed her dagger into its hilt that was situated on her belt. Her eyes turned to look at the girl who stood dumbfounded as she stared at Portia.

Confusion and anger was painted on her face as she watched the scene unfold in front of her eyes in bewilderment

Confusion and anger was painted on her face as she watched the scene unfold in front of her eyes in bewilderment. The high walls in the room would have successfully let the sound echo down the hallway but considering that it was past midnight, all the guards would be in the backyard or the basement of the castle.

Which meant that they had to be quick.

Portia looked at Harry who was at the balcony, searching for the rope he brought with him to tie onto the sidebars and climb down. His eyebrows furrowed as he was engrossed in the work while she zoned out for a bit.

His insatiable wrath that stemmed from within due to Garry Wilson's actions was relieved after seeing his body lying cold on the ground. Vengeance that was bubbling like harsh ripples in deep waters ceased to a calm sea after he got what he wanted.