Chapter 16

Death POV

"So you are friends with him?" I questioned as soon as he got back and slumped on the couch.

"Not really, to be honest," the boy sighed, closing his eyes. "Maybe I just want revenge so I will feel better or something."

"That is what we are here for ah," Layla wiggled a finger as he opened an eye and quirked a small smile.

"Yes, but well. I do not know," the boy shrugged. "What does revenge even mean when we are supposed to be collaborating? Our managers want us to collaborate because my ratings are low. Makes me feel so stupid."

I shrugged as Layla read off from her tab. "Ratings depend on luck sometimes and how mainstream or how diverse you are," she switched it off. "So maybe write some songs about sex and boom, you will win."

She winked as the boy looked aghast and made a disgusted face. "Well, I don't care about people doing it but honestly, I don't wanna write about that. At all."

"Well. Your loss. What does James write about?" I inquired.

"Jay writes about love and loss," the boy commented and then made a face. "Well so do I."

"Jay huh?" Layla smirked and I watched the boy's expression falter and then sputter.

"I am not friends with someone I want to take revenge on!"

"Sure," Layla drawled out.

"So how do we plan to get him off his throne?" his eyes gleamed but his mind was elsewhere, in places I didn't recognize as he looked at me.

"Get out of reading how I feel," he growled.

I shrugged, putting on my Soul Cancellation Earphones as his feelings dissipated and the world was mute.

"We have a list, but since you seem to have been traumatized by murder..."

"What?" he looked aghast. "I don't want murder, goddammit. I just want something that would hurt him a little mentally and get him drained."

"Here are the options," she held up a finger, ticking off the options. "Get him to fall for you and have so much sex you forget about songs."

We gauged his blanched face and I continued. "There was shoving him into a busy road and he gets minor injuries. Three, but you must have amazing skills for this."

"If it's one more time about sex," he looked offended.

"No," I mused. "Pretend, and be friends as we release some fake news about him that will get his fan base down."

"On another note," I interjected. "We decided that you might as well help us in finding people if any, rather than doing the actual thing."

I slowly removed one earphone and saw grey colours shifting to yellow and blue skies. Perhaps it would not be so bad.

The boy pondered over it. "Hmm."

"That is all?" Layla looked at him furiously.

"I'm thinking about it and it sounds good. What rumor will you be releasing?"

"Leave it to me," Layla smiled sweetly. "I've read all kinds of gossip and who would be more perfect for this than me?"

I saw the boy look at her in confusion and then his face brightened up in smiles. "Of course."

"Now he is pretty hot so I might take advantage of that before doing major damage," she mused as the boy looked horrified and then guffawed, hands on his knees, doubling over.

Layla looked angry but most of all irritated and I couldn't help but join the boy in it. "What are you laughing about?"

"Nothing. Just that it's funny when you don't get everyone to fall at your knees, Layla."

"That is not funny!" she huffed, turning away. "Lucifer told me my charms work anywhere and I know he wasn't lying."

"Are you saying that the demon of hell wasn't lying?" the boy laughed again as Layla scowled at him.

"Anyway, what's funny about me going after your...frenemy?"

"Jay is not straight at all," he muttered after straightening up.

***

Vote and comment if you enjoyed!