eleven

Travis stirred awake in unfamiliar surroundings. For a moment, he wasn't sure where he was.

   "Sal, " He grumbled, noticing the boy sitting at a desk on the other side of the room.

   That's right. Last night, he had fallen asleep in Sal's bedroom because he had a nightmare. The bed smelled like him.

   "Good morning, " His prosthetic shifted. "I didn't want to wake you up."

   Travis glanced out of the window and nearly had a panic attack. "What time is it? Shouldn't we be in school right now?"

   "It's Saturday, Trav." Sal chuckled, turning back to his desk.

   "O-oh."

   "I thought that you'd like to sleep in." Sal smiled to himself. "So I've been quiet."

   "You should've slept in too."

   "Oh, well, I-I like the morning time." Sal clenched his jaw. He only woke up early because he didn't want Travis to wake up first and see his face. He would have loved to sleep in.

   "What are you doing?"

    "I'm drawing." He smiled.

    "Can I see?"

    "Nope." He shook his head, turning back to look at him. "I like your hair like that." He chuckled.

"My hair?" Travis mumbled, walking over to the mirror on Sal's wall. He blushed. His blonde hair was a mess, standing up in every direction. He made an attempt to pat it down.

"Hey, can I paint your nails today?" Sal asked.

Travis shook his head. "That's for girls."

Sal tilted his head and held up his hands. "But my nails are painted, and I'm not a girl."

"Well, that's because you're gay," Travis told him. "Gay people like to paint their nails."

"Well, then, you don't have an excuse for not wanting to, do you?" He laughed, looking at him sharply.

Travis frowned, a blush spreading on his cheeks. "Yeah, whatever. I'm not like... Gay people."

"But-"

"Shut up, Fisher. You know what I mean." Travis barked.

Sal chuckled. "Aye aye." He jokingly saluted him.

"God would hate me if I said that." Travis grimaced.

"Aye aye?" Sal raised an eyebrow, glancing at him over his shoulder.

"No." The scowled. "If I said that I was... Uh..."

"It's not a bad word, Trav," Sal mumbled.

Travis frowned, "But God would hate me if-"

"By your logic, he must already hate you," Sal mumbled nonchalantly, focused on his drawing.

"What the fuck, Fisher?" Travis yelled. "How could you say that? Could you be more insensitive?"