UNREVEALED

"Wait up, Mr. Joko!" i yelled to the angkot's driver that i got to know well over this past two and a half years.

You must be wondering why in the earth did i yell after the middle-aged man while running for my dear life like a lunatic. Okay, i'm gonna introduce myself. My name is Brigitta Adelyn Dirgantara. I am 18 years old and in my senior year at a local high school. I'm just an ordinary girl, with straight waist-length black hair, fair skin, oval face, and an average height. I like to dress casually. Not to girly, yet not to boyish. Just casual.

I'm an only child in my family. My father worked as an accountant while my mother worked as a designer. Both of my parents are busy almost all the time. They came home from work when i already fell asleep and got to work on the early hours of the morning. So i barely see them most of the day. Sometimes i felt lonely but i reminded myself that they worked hard for my well-being too. Fortunately, even if i felt lonely sometimes, i didn't get stuck in a bad society. I am able to keep myself away from such things.

Not like most teenage girls do, i like -no, scratch that- love anything about mistery and crime stuff.

I like how it blows our minds out. I like the feelings i get when i finally found out who the bad one is after suspecting some characters for a while. I love reading and watching crime fiction and crime documentaries. I have a bunch of thriller movies waiting to be watched. I guess you could say that i'm a geek. Even some students in my school called me a weirdo.

Oh, did i forget to say? Aside from just watching and reading some crime documentaries, sometimes i also solve mysterious cases around me. So i'm like a half-time detective as well.

Actually, i always wanted to be a detective when i grow up. I often imagine how i would solve hard cases in the future, getting promoted, and finally be the best detective of my age. Okay, i need to stop daydreaming. Long day waiting ahead.

***

I arrived at my school just right before our school's guard closed the gate. Then i sprinted to my locker, putting some of my books in there and continued my way to class. Fortunately, when i entered the class, the teacher hadn't already entered the class. So i was free from getting scolded by my teacher in front of the whole class.

Just right after i sat down at my seat, the teacher came to our class. I listened to him the whole period. Finally, after a long, excruciating period of listening to my teacher, the bell rang. It was like a melody to everyone's ear. After we greeted our teacher, i went out the class to go canteen and looking for my best friend, Gabriella Jovanka.

After wandered around the hallway for sometimes, finally i spotted her ponytail-styled hair between a bunch of some popular students in this school.

"Gab!" i called her. She turned her head at me and smiled almost instantly at the sight of my form. She then said bye to her friend and walked towards me. "Hello there, Sherlock!" she said to me. After being right beside me, she hooked our arms together and began walking to the canteen.

"how was your first period?" she asked me.

"nothing interesting, really. What about you?" i answered.

"well, you know Lando, right? the class clown. He accidentally blurted out a Star Wars movie quote when he was being woken up by my teacher because he slept in the middle of the period. The whole class were doubling over in laughter after that. Seriously, it was downright hilarious!" she blabbered beside me.

Gabriella-or like i always call her, Gaby- is a complete opposite of me. While i sat silently at the back of the class, she sat right at the middle of the class with the popular students. While on Friday night i just stayed home and had a movie marathon, she went out to the mall or just hanging around with her other friends. While she was busy getting her manicure done, i was busy getting my school projects done. See? We're complete opposites, right?