Chapter 8.

Shay's POV:

"Would you ever accept me?" She asked again and I shook my head no. I can't break her heart like I have done to so many other girls.

"I can't." I said and played with my shoe lace to avoid her gaze.

"What do you mean you can't?" she whispered and tears were rolling down her face.

"This was all a huge mistake." I said getting up.

What was I doing? Why did I even plan this picnic?

"No, please don't turn your back at me again." she whispered as she grabbed my hand.

"Mariam,I should not have even planned all this." I said and started walking away as I ripped her hand from mine.

"My father gave up on me, my mom and sister both walked out on me and now you." she said and that almost made me turn around and go to her, but it didn't.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I got in the car and closed the door.

I knew I shouldn't have left her, but it's for the best. I drove off into the distance and I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was that I needed to get away from her.

Mariam's POV:
Ugh! Why does everyone hate me? Why can't I just die Ya allah? Everything was going great until I opened my big fat mouth. Someone kill me? I can't take this pain.

I should not have even let him come with me today. I mean what was I expecting to go on the date and live happily ever after. I am so stupid. I know he said to not like him, but my heart is doing the opposite. You can't control your own feelings.

I really am stupid to let him play with my feelings like that. No one will ever learn to accept me. No one.

The world seemed to darken as I fell asleep. I wish death could just take me away.

-1 hour later-

I guess I fell asleep and I looked at my watch, it was midnight. No one is near the lake and my phone is dead. Great! Note the sarcasm. My throat is killing me, but that's probably because I fell asleep while crying.

He left me all stranded here by the lake and its late. It is already dark outside and I'm scared to death. I started to walk home and I knew it was a long way back, but there were no cabs available.

I walked along the curb and there was no one outside. I was grateful for taut. He didn't even come back for me. He is such an ass and excuse my language. I kept waking and then out of no where this guy came up to me.

I tried to walk away from him, but he grabbed my arm. He had this crooked smirk and he had piercing blue eyes. HE LOOKED LIKE HE COULD KILL. He pushed me against the wall and I screamed.

"Please don't." I said between tears as he squeezed my arm tighter.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing here?" He said and winked at me.

I felt so disgusted with myself.

"Please stop let me go!" I screamed as he pushed me deeper in the wall.

"No....don't scream louder or I'll have to use other things to shut you up babe." He said and he laughed a small chuckle.

He kissed my cheek and I raised my hand and slapped him. He noticed the ring on my finger and looked at me for a while.

Technically he stole my first kiss and he deserves worse than that. I feel so ashamed and the tears wouldn't leave my eyes.

"I'm married you pedophile and I'm 18." I said so he could be aware of the consequences.

"I don't give a fuck!" He yelled at me before he slapped me and I fell to the floor in pain.

He came over and kicked me in the stomach and he did it again and again, but there was nobody to help.

I screamed and yelled, but there was no use I was alone.

"Please don't." I whispered before everything went black.

Shay's POV:
I was in my office getting drunk as usual when my phone rang. I picked up and yelled what?!

"Mr.Gevoni you need to come to Stanford Hospital fast." Some guy said and I was so confused.

"Why?" I asked and the words that left his mouth were heart breaking.

"How is she?! I yelled in the phone, but it was too late he hung up on me.

Mariam please be okay. I'm such an asshole, this happened because of me. I glanced at the clock and It was about 3 am before I head out. Ya allah, I know I don't pray often, but please help Mariam.

I ran to my car and I drove as fast as I could to the hospital. I was there within 5 minutes and I rushed inside to see Mariam.

"Where is my wife?" I asked the nurse and she pointed to one of the rooms.

"Comfort her." she said and I nodded.

"Mariam!" I whispered as I walked into her room.

The doctor walked in at the same moment and he said that he needed to talk to me.

"Who are you?" He asked me and I replied.

"I'm her husband!" I yelled and he nodded.

"Mariam as you can see is asleep, she was almost raped, but luckily someone helped her before that happened." he spit out as he talked to me in disgust.

I was ashamed too. I should have protected her, but I should Thank Allah that someone helped her before anything really bad happened.

"Stay in here with her, but don't get to close to her because she fainted and she is probably scared." he said and I nodded.

He left us alone and I looked at Mariam and then I had to look away. I was so disrupted and It pissed me off that I don't get to save her.

I should have never left her there, but she wasn't harmed much.

She had a huge red mark on her face that I'm guessing was a slap and her arms were bruised. Her scarf was off her head and on her shoulders. I felt terrible. I will never leave her side again. She is my wife and I will make sure whoever did this to her will pay.
He will pay and maybe it will cost him his life.